Self ban.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-05-2014, 12:46 PM
RE: Self ban.
(16-05-2014 12:09 PM)Vosur Wrote:  No.

Such an open minded, likeable and humorous guy...... oh, nevermind, he's a German too. Dodgy

Fuckin Nazi ! Tongue

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes War Horse's post
16-05-2014, 12:48 PM
Because then there'd be campaigns by people to ban others that they didn't like by encouraging everyone to neg them. You'd have people negged by others who hadn't even read their posts simply because someone was pressuring them to do so by PM.

The concept has been visited before and, while it sounds reasonable in theory, it would never work in practice.

Plus, as has been said before, bans are decided on rule breaks, not popularity.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 7 users Like Hughsie's post
16-05-2014, 12:50 PM
(16-05-2014 12:48 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Because then there'd be campaigns by people to ban others that they didn't like by encouraging everyone to neg them. You'd have people negged by others who hadn't even read their posts simply because someone was pressuring them to do so by PM.

The concept has been visited before and, while it sounds reasonable in theory, it would never work in practice.

I dislike every part of this idea. If we are going to do this we might as well hang a "No Theists" sign on the front.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
16-05-2014, 12:52 PM
(16-05-2014 12:50 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(16-05-2014 12:48 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Because then there'd be campaigns by people to ban others that they didn't like by encouraging everyone to neg them. You'd have people negged by others who hadn't even read their posts simply because someone was pressuring them to do so by PM.

I dislike every part of this idea. If we are going to do this we might as well hang a "No Theists" sign on the front.

In fact, I think you're right. This would have worked in principle (not in practice) when I first joined and reps weren't given out lightly. Now that they're thrown around far more casually, this idea doesn't even work in theory.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 3 users Like Hughsie's post
16-05-2014, 01:35 PM

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 6 users Like Chas's post
16-05-2014, 05:13 PM
I actually thought bemore was banning himself. Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 5 users Like houseofcantor's post
16-05-2014, 05:35 PM
Glad I wasn't the only one. Unsure

A person very dear to me was badly hurt through a misunderstanding and miscommunication. For this, I am sorry, and he knows it. That said, any blaming me for malicious intent is for the birds. I will not wear some scarlet letter, I will not be anybody's whipping girl, and I will not lurk in silence.
16-05-2014, 05:47 PM
(16-05-2014 01:35 PM)Chas Wrote:  

The Dude has a point. Consider
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
16-05-2014, 05:57 PM
(16-05-2014 05:13 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  I actually thought bemore was banning himself. Big Grin

So did I. Yes

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
16-05-2014, 05:58 PM

You know this to be true?

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF