Self ban.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-05-2014, 05:58 PM
RE: Self ban.
I`ll be honest to you lot.

I disaprove of the negative rep option.

It is potentialy stigmatising and can in my opinion lead to bullying.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes The Germans are coming's post
16-05-2014, 06:02 PM
(16-05-2014 05:58 PM)Anjele Wrote:  You know this to be true?

I'd bet my life it would happen. I can't know it to be true without seeing the policy enacted and monitoring everyone's PMs.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
16-05-2014, 06:08 PM
(16-05-2014 06:02 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(16-05-2014 05:58 PM)Anjele Wrote:  You know this to be true?

I'd bet my life it would happen. I can't know it to be true without seeing the policy enacted and monitoring everyone's PMs.

Do you think that happens now? That people PM one another to get others to rep one way or another...

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
16-05-2014, 06:09 PM
(16-05-2014 06:08 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Do you think that happens now? That people PM one another to get others to rep one way or another...

I have no idea. I've never given it any consideration if I'm honest.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
16-05-2014, 06:11 PM
There'd also be the risk of hoardes of Theists from other sites signing up at their friends' behest for the sole purpose of negging us and getting us banned.

Though that's probably just my tin hat talking.

A person very dear to me was badly hurt through a misunderstanding and miscommunication. For this, I am sorry, and he knows it. That said, any blaming me for malicious intent is for the birds. I will not wear some scarlet letter, I will not be anybody's whipping girl, and I will not lurk in silence.
16-05-2014, 06:12 PM
(16-05-2014 06:09 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(16-05-2014 06:08 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Do you think that happens now? That people PM one another to get others to rep one way or another...

I have no idea. I've never given it any consideration if I'm honest.

Thanks for the response. I was thinking back and don't ever remember anyone asking me to rep one way or the other.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
16-05-2014, 08:25 PM
The question I want to ask is, why? If they are annoying don't participate in their threads or add them to your ignore list. The only purpose this would serve is to exclude or censor individuals the community finds unpopular.

Plus half the fun to be had on these forums is arguing with these people. I think some members would be very depressed if they didn't have a reliable person to swear at.
[+] 6 users Like Michael_Tadlock's post
16-05-2014, 08:30 PM
I'm not sure we heathens could ever be compelled to do anything en masse. Hell, I bet most of us would vote the other way if anyone tried to coerce us in voting one way or another.

Most of us here aren't the kind that are easily swayed by peer pressure. Freethinkers tend to be like that don't you know?

"Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's."- Mark Twain in Eruption
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
16-05-2014, 08:40 PM
(16-05-2014 12:09 PM)Vosur Wrote:  No.

Should I take it that you don't like the idea then ? Consider

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein (That's a JOKE, ya idiot)
"And you quit footing the bill for these nations that are oil rich - we're paying for some of their *squirmishes* that have been going on for centuries" - Sarah Palin
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
16-05-2014, 11:18 PM
I respectfully decline the system, though it was an interesting concept.

Let the trolls speak, I say, for it takes a truly civilized society to hear all viewpoints.

Just because YOU believe in fairies doesn't mean anybody else should.
[+] 1 user Likes Bible Belt Brawler's post