Self ban.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-05-2014, 12:28 PM
RE: Self ban.
(16-05-2014 12:50 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(16-05-2014 12:48 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Because then there'd be campaigns by people to ban others that they didn't like by encouraging everyone to neg them. You'd have people negged by others who hadn't even read their posts simply because someone was pressuring them to do so by PM.

The concept has been visited before and, while it sounds reasonable in theory, it would never work in practice.

Plus, as has been said before, bans are decided on rule breaks, not popularity.

I dislike every part of this idea. If we are going to do this we might as well hang a "No Theists" sign on the front.
No, we don't hate theists. It's just people who get negged.

Insulting me will convert me real fast!
MSBB:
Don't let anyone define who you are.
Me:
Can we define him as he defines himself? Or will he define himself as we define how he defines himself? But, if we do that, will we define him as he defines himself based on our definition of how we see him define himself?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Alex_Leonardo's post
17-05-2014, 12:29 PM
(17-05-2014 12:27 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(17-05-2014 12:25 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Dodgy

Its true. I don't want to say to much because it would be bringing up more drama, but I can vouch for people pressuring me.

Yeah, I know. It's all good Ato.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
17-05-2014, 12:30 PM
Ya know...if neg repping theists was an issue around here KC wouldn't have the highest rep.

It's not theism that prompts neg reps...it's assholery.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
17-05-2014, 12:31 PM
(17-05-2014 12:30 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Ya know...if neg repping theists was an issue around here KC wouldn't have the highest rep.

That is true, but I see a huge margin that allows this system to be abused.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
17-05-2014, 12:33 PM
(17-05-2014 12:31 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(17-05-2014 12:30 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Ya know...if neg repping theists was an issue around here KC wouldn't have the highest rep.

That is true, but I see a huge margin that allows this system to be abused.

Agreed, but the focus has become that everyone will gang up to insta-ban theists.

17-05-2014, 12:35 PM
(17-05-2014 12:33 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(17-05-2014 12:31 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  That is true, but I see a huge margin that allows this system to be abused.

Agreed, but the focus has become that everyone will gang up to insta-ban theists.

Theists aren't necessarily the only people that are vulnerable. When another huge shit-storm comes its way, and divides the forum again, this system is highly susceptible for abuse.

17-05-2014, 12:42 PM
Ya know, theres nobody that can pressure me into anything, I'm my own man and do, say and think exactly what I feel like, regardless of the consequences. I live by my own rules, and if someone else goes along for the ride, thats great. Other than that I could give a shit.

I would have thought that a bunch of realists would have the same attitude, tho, I'm sure they do. Positive reps are nice, but not the end all. I'm sure that I've pissed off my share of people in here, and whether right or wrong, thats who I am.

Obviously, people like TW and JEW are comfortable in there own skin, regardless of how the majority feels, and as long as they havent broken the rules, they are welcome to have their say....... even if I decide not to agree with them.

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
[+] 3 users Like War Horse's post
17-05-2014, 12:52 PM
(17-05-2014 12:42 PM)War Horse Wrote:  Ya know, theres nobody that can pressure me into anything, I'm my own man and do, say and think exactly what I feel like, regardless of the consequences. I live by my own rules, and if someone else goes along for the ride, thats great. Other than that I could give a shit.

I would have thought that a bunch of realists would have the same attitude, tho, I'm sure they do. Positive reps are nice, but not the end all. I'm sure that I've pissed off my share of people in here, and whether right or wrong, thats who I am.

Obviously, people like TW and JEW are comfortable in there own skin, regardless of how the majority feels, and as long as they havent broken the rules, they are welcome to have their say....... even if I decide not to agree with them.
I don't do things people ask me to simply because they pressure me to do it, however, there is a mob mentality. And since I have experienced the fact of people suggesting (heavily) group neg reps.

With this fact in mind, I see how flawed a system like this is.

17-05-2014, 01:13 PM
(17-05-2014 12:52 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(17-05-2014 12:42 PM)War Horse Wrote:  Ya know, theres nobody that can pressure me into anything, I'm my own man and do, say and think exactly what I feel like, regardless of the consequences. I live by my own rules, and if someone else goes along for the ride, thats great. Other than that I could give a shit.

I don't do things people ask me to simply because they pressure me to do it, however, there is a mob mentality. And since I have experienced the fact of people suggesting (heavily) group neg reps.

Your honesty on that matter is appreciated...sometimes I forget how young you are.

[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
17-05-2014, 01:28 PM
(17-05-2014 01:13 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(17-05-2014 12:52 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  I don't do things people ask me to simply because they pressure me to do it, however, there is a mob mentality. And since I have experienced the fact of people suggesting (heavily) group neg reps.

Your honesty on that matter is appreciated...sometimes I forget how young you are.

I'm going to take that as a compliment Tongue