Self driving cars - the other side.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-03-2017, 04:47 PM
Self driving cars - the other side.
So all the current chat about self driving cars centers around passenger and delivery vehicles.

But is this really the best application for this technology?

I say it would be even more viable for NASCAR and other racing franchises.

Because really - what's the point of having human drivers - other than having a "designated casualty" ??

Rooting for a driver is really just a bit of self-delusion for the fans. Why would you root for a guy that you don't personally know?

No - the heathens who enjoy these motorized bloodsport simply want to have a "guy" that they consider "theirs" on the off chance the guy will get killed - thus allowing the fan to display their "grief," by emblazing their pickup truck with their guy's car number.....

Let's put the self driving race cars to work, and save the ranting rednecks all that potential "grief".

Thumbsup

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like onlinebiker's post
29-03-2017, 05:44 PM
RE: Self driving cars - the other side.
Yup-

http://www.theverge.com/2017/2/21/146690...cars-crash

https://www.wired.com/2017/02/meet-self-...ee-racing/

They're still going to crash. Rooting for race car drivers is no different from rooting for other sports "personalities". Of course, some people will then be asking the AI stupid questions, just like they ask the sports people...and valuing their opinions. I'm rooting for an atheist AI. Laugh out load
29-03-2017, 06:21 PM
RE: Self driving cars - the other side.
I've already lost one FB friend to the NASCAR season starting last month.
Meh, I didn't know him that well anyway.