Self driving cars

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-06-2014, 10:23 AM
RE: Self driving cars
(01-06-2014 10:16 AM)War Horse Wrote:  
(01-06-2014 09:46 AM)Dom Wrote:  If course there is still big brother too- At this point I am not synching my car, even though I am missing out on a lot of nice features, because I just hate the fact that all my movements will be recorded and traceable. WTF?

Of course with these cars, you likely won't have a choice.

Big brother has snuck into our lives bit by bit, and no one seems to give a shit anymore.

I think it's the first step to a completely controlled society...no freedoms.

The NSA has already beat the cars to it, the cars would just be another weapon in their arsenal, and more so for the insurance companies to deny claims. Some cars are already tracking, and lets say it shows you've been to a bar and then 1/2hr later get into an accident, even tho you might not have had any alcohol, they would assume that you have. Case closed, unless you have the money to hire an attorney and fight them in court.

They got ya either way, got a cell phone? a computor? with a camera? , most electronics are already tracking you...... we're all really fucked. Sad

You can still avoid your car being tracked by avoiding synching your phone to your car - all the computer features are linked to your phone, that's how they track. At least that's the way it is in mine.

I don't have my cell tracking location or any other shit and use it only for actual calls. Dunno why I bother having a smart phone.

Computers - harder to avoid being tracked, but not impossible.

But all these loopholes will close shortly, I am sure.

Amazing how we grew into a society that is totally oblivious to this and doesn't realize that this means that personal freedom the way we knew it is about to disappear.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
01-06-2014, 10:24 AM (This post was last modified: 01-06-2014 10:28 AM by Bows and Arrows.)
My concerns are more along the lines of

What happens when:

- my kid (prone to car sickness and migraines) suddenly yells " stop the car! I'm gonna puke!" Can the car understand that? Instantly pull over and whip open a door?

- or when you realize you are running on fumes and decide to change course and hit the gas station two blocks over and not go directly to the place you initially entered as your destination.

- or you realize when driving by the grocery that you need milk and need to u-turn now to make it there.

- and does it know not to let that asshole in line that drove down the interstate on the berm passing a mile of traffic and tries to merge in at the last second. Fuck no, don't let him in.

When it can do that stuff, I'm in.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
01-06-2014, 10:29 AM
GM's OnStar comes to mind, they can activate it whenever they so choose, even if you havent subscribed.

Oh, and I forgot to mention the "Black Box" in cars..... read and weep;

http://www.npr.org/blogs/alltechconsider...off-switch

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
[+] 1 user Likes War Horse's post
01-06-2014, 10:57 AM
Self -driving cars....hmmmm....Consider

Considering how well new software releases and (ahem upgrades) tend to be glitchy, I would definitely want to wait till all the bugs are worked out...course I would have to never leave the house for fear that I would get hit by a buggy one.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
01-06-2014, 11:03 AM
(01-06-2014 10:57 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Self -driving cars....hmmmm....Consider

Considering how well new software releases and (ahem upgrades) tend to be glitchy, I would definitely want to wait till all the bugs are worked out...course I would have to never leave the house for fear that I would get hit by a buggy one.

Ya mean like this Huh

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
[+] 2 users Like War Horse's post