Self-faith Healing, Wishful Thinking & Talking 'Entities'

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-02-2015, 07:58 PM (This post was last modified: 19-02-2015 06:13 AM by Tallulah.)
Self-faith Healing, Wishful Thinking & Talking 'Entities'
I met my ex-husband in Feb 1982. Married him in Dec 1986. He was 20 years my senior. I was his 3rd wife, he was my 1st husband. He had no children from his previous marriages.

We had 3 wonderful kids together. We divorced in Oct 2003.

He had been diagnosed with prostate cancer in Aug 2001. (Our marriage technically ended Jan 2000.) He refused to get treated for the prostate cancer. He thought he was going to 'cure' himself and convinced even my family members that he did just that. (Haha. Laughable, I know.) I filed for divorce for the 3rd time in Mar 2003. He had said to me one time, "You don't CARE that I have CANCER!" to which I replied, "YOU don't CARE that YOU have CANCER! YOU ARE GOING TO DIE!"

You see, he was metaphysically/holistically curing himself but in the meantime I was supposed to be giving a shit about his health while NO DOCTORS were involved because HE REFUSED to go to the doctor. (Tears hair out here.)

Fast forward to post divorce. (2 years post diagnosis.) He had an emotional meltdown (which I helped him through) and he finally went to the doc and the doc said to him, "YOU HAVE CANCER and THREE KIDS TO CARE FOR......WTF IS THE MATTER WITH YOU?!" So this prompted him to finally get into conventional medical treatment.

His prostate cancer was cured. And as for what happened over the next decade I really have no idea. I was his X. End of story there.

My mother died (age 88) on Sept 27, 2013. Her funeral was on Oct 4th, X's 73rd birthday. I let him come to the funeral since he asked the kids to ask me if he could.

Oh gawd. He sounds so pathetic. Doesn't he? When I was married to him......... o god......... it was scary to say the least. Yet through most of our marriage I was his champion. I defended him through any problem. And those problems were legion.

2014: My daughter told me that her dad wanted her to get him some weed because he had the flu and was in pain. I said to her, "He doesn't have the F'ing FLU, he has CANCER! (I knew this cuz my mother had flu like symptoms when she had kidney cancer.) Get him to the doctor!" She later told me that he told her he'd been to the doctor. He lied.

I learned from my son's wife, Lee, that he had told her 2 years previous that he was forgoing all doctor visits and was, from that point on, going to cure himself. He was conscientious as far as holistic medicine and health food goes but he was a CANCER PATIENT and needed FOLLOW UP VISITS every 6 months, fercryinoutloud.

<sigh>

My oldest son called me in Sept 2014 and told me that his dad had 2 to 6 months to live. He had finally gotten him into the hospital (with the flu) and the diagnosis was stage 4 bladder cancer. I asked my son if he wanted me there. He said yes. I left work, called daughter and picked her up. We headed to the hospital. (Middle son was in Austria with his wife at the time.)

We got to the hospital and X was immobile. Completely immobile. He couldn't move but was cognizant. It was terrifying. It was awful. It was heartbreaking. I spoke for him. He was able to squeeze my hand when I said the right thing.

He died a few hours later on the anniversary of my mother's death. Exactly one year later.

I was going somewhere with the story but for the life of me can't remember what I was hedging toward. When I'm upset my brain short fuses. I'm sorry. I will post this for now and come back once my mind gets back on track.

Tallulah
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-02-2015, 08:08 PM
RE: Ex Husband Died (on the 1st anniversary of my mother's death)
My Condolences. No, really.

I am so sorry.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
[+] 1 user Likes Atothetheist's post
18-02-2015, 08:12 PM
Hi Tallulah. I'm so sorry for the losses you have suffered. It doesn't sound like it's been easy. Don't worry about your post having a point, if you need to come here and just get down in print all the thoughts tumbling rough your head, that's ok. Hug

Mods, pi&s move?

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 2 users Like Smercury44's post
18-02-2015, 08:18 PM
My condolences. Hug

Thread moved

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
18-02-2015, 08:25 PM
I don't think this should've been moved to the 'personal issues' section. This has relevance in other areas.

So sorry for the confusion. The emotional aspect sideswiped me but I know where I'm going with this.

Please move back to previous forum. Thanks.

Tallulah
18-02-2015, 08:45 PM (This post was last modified: 19-02-2015 06:14 AM by Tallulah.)
Ok. So my point to all of this was this:

My X said he heard voices. (He'd said this earlier in my marriage but I discounted it as his usual 'meta' stuff.)

He told my DIL that he was no longer going in for medical treatment and that he would rely on Mecca and The One for advice.

X had a way of making crazy shit like that sound reasonable.

Lee told me this a few weeks ago. She is still fighting with the insurance company for reimbursement for their flight back from Austria.

This whole thing just drives me batshit.

What do you all think about this 'entity' speaking to my X? This kind of thing, ya know? Has anyone else encountered this?

He was 73 when he died. Just a week shy of his 74th birthday. In light of all this I think this was either a suicide or he seriously lost his mind.

Tallulah
18-02-2015, 10:03 PM
First, sorry about your loss. Hug

Second, my sister thinks she hears god talking to her and some of my wife's friends also think that god talks to them directly. She believes them I think and I think that deep down, she envies them for some reason. Personally, I think that they are so washed that the voice they hear is themselves and they are either mentally ill or just that deluded that they really think they can speak with the creator of the cosmos. (Somehow this is humble, but I digress) I think that they need help but the problem is getting them to realize that. From the sound of it, he avoided treatment because of it. I can say that no one that I know has paid for their voices with their life but there is still time I guess. I like to think of it as which is more likely; that the all powerful creator actually speaking to YOU (or them) or you are mistaken/ill? The likely answer is pretty obvious IMO.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac