Self-training Martial Arts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-09-2017, 02:57 PM (This post was last modified: 02-09-2017 03:03 PM by Thinker.)
Self-training Martial Arts
Despite those white-nationalistic confrontations and their life-threatening undertones, I'm reminded to self-train martial arts.

To invest away, I'm looking up online resources and any useful manuals - I want to begin practising and getting the feel of different martial arts before I may consider joining the school. Of course, I will also ask friends if they're interested to train along.

I'm all in for self-defensive skills as well as fitness, mental health and the very love of nonviolent games. Inspired by reading Sun Zi's The Art of War on a military scale but also early acquaintance with such martial arts as Hapkido, Karate, Fencing and Taekwondo, not to mention my creative temperament to experiment, I have the earnest adventurous, spiritual, moral, physical, social, intellectual, creative and humanitarian tenacity to combat with the foes, give justice to the injustices and deal with the harsh reality.

Advice, discussions and tips are all appreciated.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-09-2017, 02:58 PM
RE: Self-training Martial Arts
Thinker.

I am a martial arts master. I must leave for the day. Ifg you have any questions leave them and I will address them upon return.

Dale

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
02-09-2017, 03:01 PM
(02-09-2017 02:58 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Thinker.

I am a martial arts master. I must leave for the day. Ifg you have any questions leave them and I will address them upon return.

Dale

Excellent! You have my putting on buddies list. Will ask questions from time to time and perhaps PM you.
02-09-2017, 07:07 PM
I've heard good things about brazilian jiu jitsu. I use it against every white supremacist I come up against, which, duh, happens several times a day.
[+] 1 user Likes jerry mcmasters's post
02-09-2017, 07:30 PM
There are certain aspects of martial arts you can do solo.
You can make some progress in arts that focus on kata if you find a video of some random form you want to learn, then record yourself doing it and analyze it yourself with a critical eye or post it for others to analyze.

You can run drills to improve your efficiency in certain movements you'd like to advance from theoretical understanding to muscle memory.

Physically, you can do exercises that focus on things relevant to physical alterations like endurance and the development of fast twitch muscle fibres and myofibrillar hypertrophy, as opposed to the sarcoplasmic hypertrophy which bodybuilders strive for which is almost completely useless in a scrap.

Naturally, you're always going to be limited without a coach/sensei/shifu who knows what he or she is doing and, more importantly, a sparring partner who isn't trying to let you win to make you feel better about a particulate movement than you should..

And if it's just a pastime you're looking for, any art you think looks interesting will benefit you. Learning to make your body do new things is good for you no matter how valid the fight science behind the movements are. If you're looking for someone more than a placebo, however, do your research. Most martial arts are complete horse shit as a means of actually defending yourself. I'd more readily rely on Greco-Roman Wrestling than the fancier arts that only look cool in movies.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
02-09-2017, 07:36 PM
(02-09-2017 07:30 PM)yakherder Wrote:  There are certain aspects of martial arts you can do solo.
You can make some progress in arts that focus on kata if you find a video of some random form you want to learn, then record yourself doing it and analyze it yourself with a critical eye or post it for others to analyze.

You can run drills to improve your efficiency in certain movements you'd like to advance from theoretical understanding to muscle memory.

Physically, you can do exercises that focus on things relevant to physical alterations like endurance and the development of fast twitch muscle fibres and myofibrillar hypertrophy, as opposed to the sarcoplasmic hypertrophy which bodybuilders strive for which is almost completely useless in a scrap.

Naturally, you're always going to be limited without a coach/sensei/shifu who knows what he or she is doing and, more importantly, a sparring partner who isn't trying to let you win to make you feel better about a particulate movement than you should..

And if it's just a pastime you're looking for, any art you think looks interesting will benefit you. Learning to make your body do new things is good for you no matter how valid the fight science behind the movements are. If you're looking for someone more than a placebo, however, do your research. Most martial arts are complete horse shit as a means of actually defending yourself. I'd more readily rely on Greco-Roman Wrestling than the fancier arts that only look cool in movies.

My friend, this is a WONDERFUL LIST OF SUGGESTIONS!

I cannot say how indebted am I!

I will set up my new YouTube account and showcase what I am learning. All my network links icons are on the upper right header of the personal website yet once I set up this YouTube account, I'll add the icon.

Very azure indeedCool!
03-09-2017, 05:47 AM
Hi Thinker.

I just got home.

I want you to ask yourself some things.

'What do I want from this? Why am I doing this? Why am I choosing a singular lesson plan? What are my expectations?'

Use those questions as a guide. There are more, as I am sure you will discover.

When you are ready, you are welcome to PM me. I don't wish to get in on this in depth, if that is what is called for, on a forum.

Attention! Bow.

Big Grin

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
03-09-2017, 06:04 AM
(03-09-2017 05:47 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Hi Thinker.

I just got home.

I want you to ask yourself some things.

'What do I want from this? Why am I doing this? Why am I choosing a singular lesson plan? What are my expectations?'

Use those questions as a guide. There are more, as I am sure you will discover.

When you are ready, you are welcome to PM me. I don't wish to get in on this in depth, if that is what is called for, on a forum.

Attention! Bow.

Big Grin

Cool
Shy
Bowing
03-09-2017, 07:02 AM
Ka-boom beats ka-rate every time.

Anyone who tells you otherwise, doesn't own a gun.

Tongue

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
03-09-2017, 05:35 PM
(03-09-2017 07:02 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Ka-boom beats ka-rate every time.

Anyone who tells you otherwise, doesn't own a gun.

Tongue

Why not both Big Grin

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post