Selfish, maybe

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-02-2013, 09:41 AM
RE: Selfish, maybe
(13-02-2013 09:15 AM)CateBee Wrote:  Thank you!

We finally spoke and are getting together this weekend... Smile

Crazy stalker friend period over.

Ahz doo luv me an happy indin

Good to hear.
(read)

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
13-02-2013, 10:06 AM
It must be nice to have friends who think enough of you to not bother you with invitations to survivor pity parties. Wink
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes bbeljefe's post
13-02-2013, 08:14 PM
(12-02-2013 11:30 AM)CateBee Wrote:  Here's what is bugging me though... I was not invited to the funeral, which was in my town. I definitely knew the person who died, though not really close. I felt like maybe I should have been invited though, if only just to be a support for her? Is this unfair to assume?

Seems like an unreasonable assumption to me. Been to a bunch of funerals and wakes (you know you're an old man when the 3-piece suit you own is worn more for funerals than weddings) and never received or even seen an invitation to a funeral. We're made aware of death notices and viewing and funeral times and places and shit but invitations to such just seem bad form to me. I mean would you include an RSVP like to a wedding? Seems like that could just unnecessarily embarrass everyone. If it were me, I'd've just shown up to show my respects and support. ... But that's just the way it works around here. Maybe it's different where you are.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
13-02-2013, 10:10 PM
I actually have yet to go through death on a serious level for someone I knew . I'm honestly not sure how to react to death or funerals. The last funeral I went to, I was about 8 and it was for a stranger, someone my Dad was playing music at our church for. It's all a learning process Smile
[+] 1 user Likes CateBee's post
13-02-2013, 10:16 PM
(13-02-2013 10:10 PM)CateBee Wrote:  I actually have yet to go through death on a serious level for someone I knew.

You're gonna cry. Why you cry is individual. ... At least that's what GirlyMan's seen.

[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
13-02-2013, 10:22 PM
(13-02-2013 10:10 PM)CateBee Wrote:  I actually have yet to go through death on a serious level for someone I knew . I'm honestly not sure how to react to death or funerals.
Same here, I'm not sure how to react to such a thing or how to comfort someone that has had such an experience. Also related to your original post, it's so difficult when people don't communicate, it's difficult to tell what's going on in someone’s head unless they tell.

Why would communication change because of a death? do people typically spend a lot of time by themselves when someone close dies? Do they mourn often? It will be an great learning experience when someone close-ish to me dies.

2.5 billion seconds total
1.67 billion seconds conscious

[+] 1 user Likes Adenosis's post
13-02-2013, 10:49 PM
(13-02-2013 10:22 PM)Aspchizo Wrote:  
(13-02-2013 10:10 PM)CateBee Wrote:  I actually have yet to go through death on a serious level for someone I knew . I'm honestly not sure how to react to death or funerals.
Same here, I'm not sure how to react to such a thing or how to comfort someone that has had such an experience. Also related to your original post, it's so difficult when people don't communicate, it's difficult to tell what's going on in someone’s head unless they tell.

Why would communication change because of a death? do people typically spend a lot of time by themselves when someone close dies? Do they mourn often? It will be an great learning experience when someone close-ish to me dies.

The fuck dude? My Dad died.

13-02-2013, 10:54 PM
(13-02-2013 10:49 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(13-02-2013 10:22 PM)Aspchizo Wrote:  Same here, I'm not sure how to react to such a thing or how to comfort someone that has had such an experience. Also related to your original post, it's so difficult when people don't communicate, it's difficult to tell what's going on in someone’s head unless they tell.

The fuck dude? My Dad died.

Ok, sorry to hear that, what's your point?

13-02-2013, 11:00 PM
(13-02-2013 10:54 PM)Aspchizo Wrote:  
(13-02-2013 10:49 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  The fuck dude? My Dad died.

Ok, sorry to hear that, what's your point?

I got 3 more sisters and another brother from another mother. Seems clear to me.

14-02-2013, 01:15 AM
(13-02-2013 11:00 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I got 3 more sisters and another brother from another mother. Seems clear to me.

Okay, from your sample set of people you determined that they cry. This doesn't tell me much about the intensity of the emotions felt.