Poll: In your opinion which is the path to happiness:
Selfishness
Altruism
Both
None of them has a really big part in the pursue of happiness
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Selfishness vs Altruism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-09-2014, 09:48 AM
RE: Selfishness vs Altruism
I would say egoism, although one must also have a sense of duty, first and foremost to oneself, than to those they care about, their culture and their nation.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-09-2014, 04:26 PM
(05-09-2014 07:00 PM)CiderThinker Wrote:  How do we then account for instances such as and similar to, soldiers throwing sacrificing themselves for their comrades?

For some soldiers, belief in an afterlife could play an important part on that decision or at least make it easy.

To the true believer, an error done here brings an eternal punishment. A good deed here brings eternal reward.

The Secret War on Space, that NASA Doesn't want you to know about:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FqBE3JzE...5iV4rgm6dg
06-09-2014, 04:32 PM
(06-09-2014 04:26 PM)ricardopedrosa Wrote:  
(05-09-2014 07:00 PM)CiderThinker Wrote:  How do we then account for instances such as and similar to, soldiers throwing sacrificing themselves for their comrades?

For some soldiers, belief in an afterlife could play an important part on that decision or at least make it easy.

To the true believer, an error done here brings an eternal punishment. A good deed here brings eternal reward.

And what about the non-believer that takes that step?

"Name me a moral statement made or moral action performed that could not have been made or done, by a non-believer..." - Christopher Hitchens

My youtube musings: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfFoxbz...UVi1pf4B5g