Sell god to me.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-11-2012, 05:05 PM
Sell god to me.
This is to all of the theists who come on here.

Lets pretend im on the verge of believing but not sure.... how would you convince me in the end???

What proof would you show me and how would me believing impact upon my life???

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-11-2012, 06:24 PM
RE: Sell god to me.
If I prove god exists, what will you give me for it?
Now if you asked Abrahamic God, Indian god, or something like that, then I couldn't do it, but people have worshipped all sorts of things as a god.

Kim Jung Il/Alexander the Great/Pharaohs/Gwyneth Paltrow
See Idolatry and Cult Image as well.

As with all gods indoctrination and a good dose of fear is key, much harder to do after adulthood. Get 'em while their young (I think that's the churches motto, right?).

02-11-2012, 06:41 PM
(02-11-2012 05:05 PM)bemore Wrote:  This is to all of the theists who come on here.

Lets pretend im on the verge of believing but not sure.... how would you convince me in the end???

What proof would you show me and how would me believing impact upon my life???

Do you remember, if you've read the Bible, where Jesus told the apostles that the sinners . . . being the tax collectors, the prostitutes, the unfaithful, the gentiles . . . may enter into the Kingdom of God before them?

Do you know that the Bible says that there will be a resurrection of the unrighteous as well as the righteous?

The purpose of a true Christian is not to convert the heathen to Christianity, it is to present before them the accurate knowledge that leads to everlasting life.

Do you remember the expression the demons have faith and yet shudder? It isn't about to be morally superior or to save yourself from death. It is about recognizing the truth and the helplessness you are used to and how it is possible to change that.

Paul said it was a thorn in his side. Jesus compared the self righteous Pharisee to the humble sinner with his favor upon the humble sinner.

I wouldn't sell you God. I would introduce you to his purpose for man and leave the rest to you. Knowing the accurate knowledge of Jehovah God and the one whom he sent forth, Christ Jesus, doesn't mean that you will choose that path, it only insures that you make an informed decision.

We can do this here.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-11-2012, 06:44 PM
(02-11-2012 06:24 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  If I prove god exists, what will you give me for it?
Now if you asked Abrahamic God, Indian god, or something like that, then I couldn't do it, but people have worshipped all sorts of things as a god.

Kim Jung Il/Alexander the Great/Pharaohs/Gwyneth Paltrow
See Idolatry and Cult Image as well.

As with all gods indoctrination and a good dose of fear is key, much harder to do after adulthood. Get 'em while their young (I think that's the churches motto, right?).
The church, yes. The Bible not so much. Fear doesn't enter into it. The Bible condemns cowardice.
02-11-2012, 06:47 PM
If a person is selling a cure all, we question their motives and product.

However if it is one idea to cure it all, people happily offer up their minds.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
02-11-2012, 06:50 PM
Bemore,
This transaction will require a deposit. We accept VISA, MasterCard, and Discover. Thumbsup
All transactions are final. No returns accepted.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
02-11-2012, 07:04 PM
WTF ? The forum says I started this thread. I did not. TTA is sure messed up today.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
02-11-2012, 07:32 PM
(02-11-2012 06:47 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  If a person is selling a cure all, we question their motives and product.

What?!
02-11-2012, 08:53 PM
(02-11-2012 07:32 PM)The Theist Wrote:  
(02-11-2012 06:47 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  If a person is selling a cure all, we question their motives and product.

What?!
Hi there, I'm a salesman. Did you hear? I have this great new product that cures all diseases, all your frustrations and can even cure any other thing that ails you! You can do wrong to others, be a horrible human being, and even potentially commit horrific crimes. All you gotta do is believe in a supernatural being who sent himself so you can be saved.

Sound too good to be true? Nawwwww.

Wouldn't you be slightly skeptical of a snake oil salesman? It's even on the front page of this very website: "An argument that explains everything, explains nothing."

Other religions speak of the same thing. A way to cope with life, that their way is "the way" and that they've got all the answers. If you're good you could be reincarnated in ways. Or if you're good you could have a spectacular afterlife. For some, they'll be reunited with loved ones. For others, they'll go to a big giant room with the greatest warriors who fought valiantly. Some others even get reunited with the very gods they worshiped! Isn't that amazing? So many of these religions. So many gods. They all "have the answers"... surely they can't ALL be right.

So why would ONE be right? Historically, they all seem to be made up by a bunch of men. Men who claim they were talked to by their god or gods, or inspired by their god or gods, or who were given visions by their god or gods in dreams.

Hobo
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post
02-11-2012, 09:39 PM
Thumbs Up RE: Sell god to me.
He comes with a free Frogurt.
[+] 2 users Like PoolBoyG's post