Sell god to me.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-11-2012, 10:15 PM
RE: Sell god to me.
All right I'm not a theist but I can do bad salesmen.
Let me have a crack.

Just imagine I'm wearing a pale white-grey suit with a bright orange shirt and no tie.
Oh and I have whiter then white teeth and smile allllllllll the time.

[Image: experience_god_banner.jpg]

Now I know what you're thinking, "oh here comes another bad salesmen with a horrible sales pitch", well let me stop you right there friend because guess what? I'm not like all those other horrible salesmen, no sir.
So what sets me apart? Well friend I come to you with a product so amazing so fantastic that it will blow your mind.
What is this product you ask?
Well friend we will come to that in just a minute but let me ask you a few questions, don't worry friend they're easy!
Would it surprise you to learn that scientists don't actually know what was before their big bang theory?
It would? I'm not surprised friend, scientist don't tell you that because they don't want to admit that they are WRONG and that they don't know how the universe came to be.
You see friend scientists get funding only if the research they do is relevant, but who says its relevant? scientists!! You can see where I'm going with this friend. They don't tell you that they don't know where every thing came from because if they were to tell people that they would have their funding cut. No more exotic cars, no more fancy houses in the Bahama's, and yes friend that is how they live, off tax payer dollars, YOUR dollars.
So what can you my friend do to rid yourself of their lies?
That's where my product comes in, we call it: God.
Yes, God.
What if I told you that you could have ever lasting love, affection and happiness in as little as 5minutes from now, would you be interested? haha, who am I kidding, of course you'd be interested only a psychopath wouldn't, you're not a psychopath are you friend?
I didn't think so.
With my product, God, this could be all yours for as little as 6 monthly payments of $199. But because you seem like such a fantastic guy I'm going to do a very special deal JUST FOR YOU because I take care of my friends.
If you accept ever lasting happiness and love today, I will reduce those 6 payments to 5!! payments, that's right, I just knocked almost 200!!! dollars off the price, what can I say ever since using God I'm just a happier person and I'm feeling very happy and generous today.

So just lend me your credit card details and I'll write up all the paper work and in as little as 5minutes friend you will be happier, feel more loved then ever before!
What do you say? ...friend.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like earmuffs's post
02-11-2012, 10:49 PM
Believing in God gets you ALL the bitches.

Sold.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
[+] 2 users Like Atothetheist's post
03-11-2012, 12:07 AM

(02-11-2012 05:05 PM)bemore Wrote:  This is to all of the theists who come on here.

Lets pretend im on the verge of believing but not sure.... how would you convince me in the end???

What proof would you show me and how would me believing impact upon my life???

Nobody can do that. The growth is in the search. You have to go out and find what you need in order to believe.

As for proof, I'm not sure if there's any more proof than what is already out there.

As for the impact on your life, you would find you have a foundation and reason to have the better qualities of a human being: courage, love, determination, faith. You could have these things as an atheist, but you'd have no reason to.
Quote this message in a reply
03-11-2012, 07:13 AM
(03-11-2012 12:07 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(02-11-2012 05:05 PM)bemore Wrote:  This is to all of the theists who come on here.

Lets pretend im on the verge of believing but not sure.... how would you convince me in the end???

Nobody can do that. The growth is in the search. You have to go out and find what you need in order to believe.

As for proof, I'm not sure if there's any more proof than what is already out there.

As for the impact on your life, you would find you have a foundation and reason to have the better qualities of a human being: courage, love, determination, faith. You could have these things as an atheist, but you'd have no reason to.
because atheists don't love? aren't determined? are always cowards? and lack faith in anything? (for example, I have faith that my motorbike brakes wont crap out on me).

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
03-11-2012, 08:04 AM

I have no reason to be courageous? To feel love? To be determined? I am still alive, I still experience life. It isn't as if religious people have a monopoly on human experience. Don't judge what we can and cannot feel, or what we have a reason to feel.

My Blog
[Image: 1z5qgiq.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-11-2012, 08:23 AM
(03-11-2012 07:13 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(03-11-2012 12:07 AM)Egor Wrote:  Nobody can do that. The growth is in the search. You have to go out and find what you need in order to believe.

because atheists don't love? aren't determined? are always cowards? and lack faith in anything? (for example, I have faith that my motorbike brakes wont crap out on me).
Yes, but at least that is backed up with some sort of reasonable faith, based on some sort of evidence. It's possible they may.. but... If you inspect your brakes and know where they are at wear wise, or have checked and replaced fluids often, that is at least a faith in something reasonable and with good reason to boot. Instead of ... ya know.. things that just sound good that you can't actually see.
03-11-2012, 10:37 AM

Here is my 4-letter sales-pitch...

wait for it...

wait until you need it...

wait until all else has gone...

H o p e !

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
03-11-2012, 10:48 AM
(03-11-2012 08:23 AM)Logisch Wrote:  
(03-11-2012 07:13 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  because atheists don't love? aren't determined? are always cowards? and lack faith in anything? (for example, I have faith that my motorbike brakes wont crap out on me).
Yes, but at least that is backed up with some sort of reasonable faith, based on some sort of evidence. It's possible they may.. but... If you inspect your brakes and know where they are at wear wise, or have checked and replaced fluids often, that is at least a faith in something reasonable and with good reason to boot. Instead of ... ya know.. things that just sound good that you can't actually see.
Bad salesman! Down boy.
03-11-2012, 10:49 AM
Sell god to me.

I can't agree at the moment that faith is a better quality of human beings, depends on what you mean by faith, I suppose. In my experience, theism hinders courage, love, and determination. Why would you say God is a foundation for these three?
03-11-2012, 11:48 AM
Bucky has stolen my thread.....

Is it a sign Angel
Is it a conspiracy Dodgy

Some good arguements put forward up to now. Im still not convinced, you will have to try harder.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post