Selling Stuff on Craigslist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-08-2016, 11:11 AM
Selling Stuff on Craigslist
I suppose it's the same anywhere you're trying to sell stuff online - but holy fuck, you have to deal with some complete dickwads..............

I have some stuff on Craigslist and there's this one fuck -- named Kurt -- who keeps calling me."You gotta give me your absolute bottom dollar - before I'll commit to buying".

No - asshole -- I don't HAVE to do anything. (what this kind of asshole does - is gets you to come down - then will offer even less. This ain't my first rodeo..)
'
So -- I just lowered the price some more -- and the stupid fuck is going crazy.....

He called a bit ago -- and DEMANDED that I give him first dibs --- so I hung up on him.. He called right back and said "We got disconnected" ...

"No" I said "we didn't -- I hung up on you, you stupid son of a bitch" -- then hung up again.....

Laughat

Don't tell me what I have to do with my stuff.....

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like onlinebiker's post
07-08-2016, 12:17 PM
RE: Selling Stuff on Craigslist
Just listed some stuff on Craig's List yesterday for the first time. 3 older inexpensive to begin with rifle scopes, and a set of used tires and wheels off a 2006 Sonata. I didn't put a phone number up just email. I've already got someone interested in one of the scopes. If he wants it I'll give him my phone number and meet him somewhere...

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
07-08-2016, 02:26 PM
Many police departments allow you to complete Craigs List deals in their parking lots. You might want to check it out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
[+] 1 user Likes jabeady's post
07-08-2016, 09:46 PM
(07-08-2016 11:11 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I suppose it's the same anywhere you're trying to sell stuff online - but holy fuck, you have to deal with some complete dickwads..............

I have some stuff on Craigslist and there's this one fuck -- named Kurt -- who keeps calling me."You gotta give me your absolute bottom dollar - before I'll commit to buying".

No - asshole -- I don't HAVE to do anything. (what this kind of asshole does - is gets you to come down - then will offer even less. This ain't my first rodeo..)
'
So -- I just lowered the price some more -- and the stupid fuck is going crazy.....

He called a bit ago -- and DEMANDED that I give him first dibs --- so I hung up on him.. He called right back and said "We got disconnected" ...

"No" I said "we didn't -- I hung up on you, you stupid son of a bitch" -- then hung up again.....

Laughat

Don't tell me what I have to do with my stuff.....

Big Grin

I get these people asking for my best price all the time (when I do sell on CL, which is about once every 5 years), "What is your best price"; I tell them I don't grind my own price on the phone, that they have to show up before they get to dicker.

My son was selling an aquarium awhile back. ALL information was in the ad. People call up, "How big is it? How many gallons? Does it have an aerator?" ALL in the ad. Then they never show when they say they will. Flakes, all.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
09-08-2016, 06:17 AM
So this morning --- I get some guy who wants to trade his truck for stuff I've got Craigslist......Bear in mind I had no mention of wanting to trade for anything - let alone his "customized" truck..... (probably a pile of shit)

I send him a reply -- "I got an S-10 yesterday - what do you think?? "

He comes back with "I think you should have waited and traded me for a REAL truck"......

It's on - bitch....

I go back -- "That somehow - you can't quite seem to sell"......

I'm hoping for him to go postal......

I'm bored....

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 3 users Like onlinebiker's post
09-08-2016, 11:47 AM
I just put my shit I'll never use again on freecycle, stick 'em out on the corner, and am grateful it didn't cost me anything to get hauled off. If I was an unethical GirlyMan I would claim them as charitable deductions. No

#sigh
09-08-2016, 02:30 PM
I always get the "buyer" that wants it, I'll be right over. You agree on a time, no show. 3 hours later they text and ask if they can pick it up next weekend.

I finally gave up on CL. My neighborhood has a buy/sell group on Facebook which is great but anything else goes to a little 2nd hand thrift store, all their proceeds benefit the county humane society. I drop a bag or box of stuff there about once a week.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
09-08-2016, 02:41 PM (This post was last modified: 09-08-2016 03:39 PM by Anjele.)
I used to Freecycle some things but some of the people were a little scary. Wasn't all that thrilled with giving out the address.

There are three local garage sale pages on FB...I found a nice second hand LaZBoy couch on there for a great price. I haven't sold anything on there yet.

Craigslist. No I don't use it.

Old or unused clothing goes to a local domestic abuse shelter drop off that's manned every day. I noticed a drop box the other day for books. Next time I weed out my books that's where they will go. 500 pounds of books will get you about $.73 at Half Price Books any more. Dodgy It's not worth the drive.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
09-08-2016, 02:47 PM
We rent property on Craigslist, but it seems that anyfuckingbody who so wishes can mark my ad as undesirable (that is not what they call it, but I cannot remember their word at the moment) and my ad is deleted. I have tried to follow their instructions to figure out how to prevent this, but am not that computer literate. We believe it is some one else who has property to rent in the area so deletes our ad so theirs has a better chance of being read. About half of our ads are deleted within 48 hours very seldom are they left up for the entire 45 days..
09-08-2016, 07:38 PM
Craigslist is good for one thing: waking up in a bathtub full of ice.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 2 users Like Old Man Marsh's post