Selling your Soul on eBay

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-07-2012, 06:00 AM (This post was last modified: 10-07-2012 06:03 AM by Thomas.)
Selling your Soul on eBay
Woman Sells Her Soul on eBay:
http://news.gather.com/viewArticle.actio...4981463400

eBay has now banned the sale of Souls on it's website. Whatever happened to the free trade? You also cannot sell you own body parts or your own children. I can see not allowing you to sell someone else's body parts or children, but what has happened to individual property rights?
It's my soul and I can sell it to whoever I want. Angry

Now we'll have to sell our souls to Satan using traditional satanic rituals. Not only is this expensive and time consuming, but this puts Satan in the position as the "single buyer" of souls, which will significantly hurt the seller.
While this is being sorted out in the courts, this website may help those needing to close the deal in the immediate future.
http://weeklyworldnews.com/headlines/806...the-devil/

I'm writing the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) and asking them to investigate a link between Satan and eBay. Why has eBay decided to stop competing with the Prince of Darkness? Makes you wonder doesn't it? Why would eBay, a for-profit business, turn down such an opportunity to take advantage of all the people down on their luck and willing to sell their souls to the highest bidder? We must demand answers to such questions or our free society is in serious jeopardy.

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Thomas's post
10-07-2012, 07:09 AM
RE: Selling your Soul on eBay
(10-07-2012 06:00 AM)Thomas Wrote:  Woman Sells Her Soul on eBay:
http://news.gather.com/viewArticle.actio...4981463400

eBay has now banned the sale of Souls on it's website. Whatever happened to the free trade? You also cannot sell you own body parts or your own children. I can see not allowing you to sell someone else's body parts or children, but what has happened to individual property rights?
It's my soul and I can sell it to whoever I want. Angry

Now we'll have to sell our souls to Satan using traditional satanic rituals. Not only is this expensive and time consuming, but this puts Satan in the position as the "single buyer" of souls, which will significantly hurt the seller.
While this is being sorted out in the courts, this website may help those needing to close the deal in the immediate future.
http://weeklyworldnews.com/headlines/806...the-devil/

I'm writing the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) and asking them to investigate a link between Satan and eBay. Why has eBay decided to stop competing with the Prince of Darkness? Makes you wonder doesn't it? Why would eBay, a for-profit business, turn down such an opportunity to take advantage of all the people down on their luck and willing to sell their souls to the highest bidder? We must demand answers to such questions or our free society is in serious jeopardy.
I'm with you - I can see a class-action suit. Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
10-07-2012, 07:16 AM
The article doesn't say you cannot sell your soul on eBay. Is there another source that does?

But if they are really shutting down the soul selling trade, we can always look to our fellow forum member, Ghostexorcist. He has quite a collection of souls he started acquiring when he was in the Army.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
10-07-2012, 07:28 AM
I like trying to buy the souls of people who are begging for change. They won't take your money.
I might have to try that with debt collectors.

"I'm going to send you a contract and once you've signed it, I'll give you $100 toward my debt.
For each soul you bring me, I'll give another $100"

Big Grin

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 2 users Like Rahn127's post
10-07-2012, 07:47 AM
I read that the reason the ad was pulled was because ebay has strict rules for what can be sold online in regards to human parts, and the soul is classified as a human part or something. It came up before oddly enough. There was a guy who was up to 400 before his ad got pulled.

I'd sell my soul but I already did when I was like ten. Sega Genesis. Totally worth it.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
10-07-2012, 07:47 AM
(10-07-2012 07:16 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  The article doesn't say you cannot sell your soul on eBay. Is there another source that does?

But if they are really shutting down the soul selling trade, we can always look to our fellow forum member, Ghostexorcist. He has quite a collection of souls he started acquiring when he was in the Army.

eBay canceled her listing:
http://www.businessinsider.com/soul-list...bay-2012-7

eBay policy link:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/list...-item.html
"We don't allow listings that aren't offering anything for sale or those that have intangible items (generally things don't physically exist)."

Maybe this forum can have a special section for soul trades? What's the going rate?

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
[+] 1 user Likes Thomas's post
10-07-2012, 08:27 AM
According to Freakonimics, there are three types of incentive: Economical (financial), Moral and Social. Perhaps instead of "social", "ethical" might have been more appropriate but anyway... the financial incentive tends to trump them all because it usually equates to "survival" or appeals to the greedy.
So, if the world's atheists (and greedy christians) decided to sell their souls to the church(es), what price would be assured to put them out of business?

10-07-2012, 08:40 AM
(10-07-2012 06:00 AM)Thomas Wrote:  eBay has now banned the sale of Souls on it's website.

I lol'd. Big Grin

Here's the Huff Posting: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/06...weird-news

And of course the appropriate Latin: caveat emptor. If you're dumb enough to buy that shit... Big Grin

(10-07-2012 07:47 AM)lucradis Wrote:  I'd sell my soul but I already did when I was like ten. Sega Genesis. Totally worth it.

Fuck that. I gave mine to my Gwynnies. Heart

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
10-07-2012, 11:48 AM
You can sell it. But you can't get it back.

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt
10-07-2012, 12:08 PM (This post was last modified: 10-07-2012 12:21 PM by Thomas.)
I was thinking that you could buy and sell souls in a market exchange, even your own soul. Like selling the title to your car if you need cash, then buying it back later when you can. But, don't get caught dead without your soul.
The value of the soul would be directly proportional to the probability of the original owner going to hell.
Say that you have a 90% chance of going to hell, then 10% of the value of a Saints soul, which will be the top market rate. Like a AAA bond rating.
You could sell your soul and then do some bad stuff, lowering the value of your soul, then purchase it back. Once you regain your soul you can then do good deeds or "get saved". Then sell your soul again for more then you purchased it back for.
Would the gov't tax souls? Sales tax, dividend tax, value added tax, short-term capital gains tax, gift tax. More than likely.

[+] 4 users Like Thomas's post