Seltzer Water

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-07-2017, 08:30 AM
RE: Seltzer Water
In my part of the southern USA Coke and Pepsi and Dr. Pepper and Sprite and such are either "soda," "soft drink" or "cola." Don't hold me to it but I THINK seltzer water is "sparkling water."

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like outtathereligioncloset's post
09-07-2017, 08:40 AM
(09-07-2017 07:28 AM)BackSlider Wrote:  
(09-07-2017 05:38 AM)Anjele Wrote:  A client brought us some snacks and a carton of La Croix water. I thought I would like it because it was passion fruit flavored. I forced down about half of it and gave up. Undecided

I really think you need to give it more than a 4 oz. try. Rolleyes

Similar to learning to like the taste of beer(s), black coffee or unsweetened tea, you need to want to like it first. Hell dry red wine took a period of; I know there is a pony in this pile of shit somewhere, adventure type spirit.

I drink a lot of water during the day, but when I eat, I want something different. I find that La Croix can be had on the cheap (at Big Lots) and does a great subtle job of killing the monotony of just more of the same.

Well, there you have it. I don't like (or drink) beer, coffee, wine, or unsweetened tea.

I don't understand the concept of faking it till you make it with food or drink.

Big Grin

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
09-07-2017, 08:57 AM
La Croix is the absolute best. I haven't had a soda in probably 10 years, but I was raised in a sugar-reduced household, so my threshold for sweet stuff was pretty low to begin with.

This new flavor from LaCroix is really good. It really tastes like cola, minus the sweet.

[Image: LaCroix-LaCola-Online-1200X1200.jpg]

It's a little hard to find in stores, but I might be able to find you a black market dealer in your area. ...for a price, that is.
[+] 4 users Like Aliza's post
09-07-2017, 08:58 AM
True confessions:

I am a Pepsi-holic. I suspect it was in my bottle and sippy cup as a child.

Other than that, I drink the liquid that comes out of a cow's teat. (Yes, I heard some of you gasp.) I tried the almond version for a while and liked it although it seemed too rich for my cereal. Not to mention considerably more expensive. Then I read something that claimed that the process of making it was bad for the environment. So I went back to the cow. And yes, I'm aware of what cows do to the environment as well. But at least the carton I get it in will eventually biodegrade when the Pepsi bottle will stick around. And sorry, you can't convince me that bottle will always get recycled. Our local recycling pickup people have been caught too many times pouring the "recyclables" into the regular dump.

"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
[+] 2 users Like outtathereligioncloset's post
09-07-2017, 09:03 AM
(09-07-2017 08:58 AM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  True confessions:

Other than that, I drink the liquid that comes out of a cow's teat. (Yes, I heard some of you gasp.) I tried the almond version for a while and liked it although it seemed too rich for my cereal. Not to mention considerably more expensive. Then I read something that claimed that the process of making it was bad for the environment. So I went back to the cow. And yes, I'm aware of what cows do to the environment as well. But at least the carton I get it in will eventually biodegrade when the Pepsi bottle will stick around. And sorry, you can't convince me that bottle will always get recycled. Our local recycling pickup people have been caught too many times pouring the "recyclables" into the regular dump.

Keep drinking Pepsi...it helps pay my mortgage. [Image: soft-drink.gif]

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
09-07-2017, 09:08 AM
(09-07-2017 09:03 AM)Anjele Wrote:  

I'd be happy to drink Pepsi!

... If they removed the sugar and sweetener from their drinks. The popularity of flavored seltzer water seems to have skyrocketed recently and Pepsi would be wise to get a piece of the action.
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
09-07-2017, 09:09 AM
(09-07-2017 09:03 AM)Anjele Wrote:  

Knowing that then I will have to make the same request to you that I make of every Pepsi rep I run across. PLEASE bring back clear Pepsi. It was truly ahead of its time. It tasted so much like the original that the trade-off was fine. Back then nobody really cared whether they had white teeth or not. Now they do. A lot. I honestly think it would be a success now if it were marketed as the Pepsi that won't stain your teeth!

[+] 1 user Likes outtathereligioncloset's post
09-07-2017, 09:16 AM
(09-07-2017 09:09 AM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  
(09-07-2017 09:03 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Keep drinking Pepsi...it helps pay my mortgage. [Image: soft-drink.gif]

Knowing that then I will have to make the same request to you that I make of every Pepsi rep I run across. PLEASE bring back clear Pepsi. It was truly ahead of its time. It tasted so much like the original that the trade-off was fine. Back then nobody really cared whether they had white teeth or not. Now they do. A lot. I honestly think it would be a success now if it were marketed as the Pepsi that won't stain your teeth!

I have no control over that...if I did they would make the orange flavored Mt. Dew (Live Wire)I like so much. Dodgy

They ran it as a summer special flavor for a while and then stopped that. I used to find it in convenience stores now and then but since I pay at the pump all the time now I never go into C-stores.

I used to tell my husband to relay my request when I knew bigwigs were coming to town...to no avail.

Most people would be surprised at just how many different drinks Pepsi bottles...from Starbucks drinks to Gatorade to Tropicana to Aquafina and others.

09-07-2017, 10:46 AM
I only drink lightly carbonated spring water...

[Image: 333023.jpg]

Downunder, we call Coke, Fanta, Dr Pepper etc "soft drinks". And in clever marketing, a few companies sell an allegedly different drink called "soda water"—which is in actuality identical to carbonated spring/mineral water.

In Australia, Perrier is disgustingly overpriced—at around three times the cost of other Aussie-sourced mineral waters. So only the mentally challenged, upwardly-mobile nouveau riche drink it LOL.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
09-07-2017, 11:04 AM
I drink lime-flavored Topo Chico, a Mexican mineral water. It really helped me deal with early recovery ... I'd have a TC instead of beer when a craving hit.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post