Semi Formal Proof for the Existence of G

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-12-2017, 02:03 PM
RE: Semi Formal Proof for the Existence of G
(11-12-2017 11:49 PM)Renadt Wrote:  I do have a question to ask for any logic buffs in here. I have debated this dude named R L, who claims to have a semi-formal proof for the Existence of G. It is quite convoluted in its first iteration, and then released a "slightly less terse" version. I know the first two fallacies he makes, special pleading and circular reasoning, but I wonder if there is a fault in the actual logic. I tried reading this thing 5 times, to refute it, and it made my head hurt. So, I warn you, it might happen to you.

https://wiserobbie.blogspot.com/2015/06/...proof.html

https://wiserobbie.blogspot.com/2013/09/...-of-g.html

Technically, circular reasoning and special pleading are faults in the actual logic... Just pointing that out.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes JesseB's post
26-12-2017, 07:36 PM
(12-12-2017 03:14 PM)SYZ Wrote:  
(12-12-2017 01:55 AM)Renadt Wrote:  https://wiserobbie.blogspot.com/2015/06/...proof.html

https://wiserobbie.blogspot.com/2013/09/...-of-g.html

What the fuck's a "semi-formal" proof? Nobody can "prove" the existence of a so-called supernatural entity anyway because... they just don't exist. Well, certainly in no way that man is aware of LOL.

What next from the pretentious Wise Robbie? A semi-formal proof that telekinesis is real, or that homeopathy works? Big Grin

PS: I note that his blog is no longer active, so maybe he's had that much-needed brain transplant?

Nope, he is still as pretentious as always. These posts were made years ago, but he still believes this tripe. Can't even defend it.
[+] 2 users Like Renadt's post
27-12-2017, 05:15 AM
Semi-formal proof for the non-existence of God:

>The Christian God is defined by mainstream Christianity as being all-knowing, all-loving, all-powerful, and all just. Yet even a cursory reading of the bible reveals a God who is cruel, unjust, tyrannical, unloving and eternally vengeful. Ergo, the Christian God does not exist by reason of self-contradiction.

>An all-loving, all-powerful, all-knowing God, by definition, cannot create evil or permit evil to exist in the world. And yet, evil exists. Ergo, God, as he is defined, does not exist on the grounds of self-contradiction.

>The law of conservation of matter and energy states that the total quantity of energy in the universe remains the same. Matter and energy are interchangeable, but neither can be created or destroyed. Ergo, the universe has always existed and will always exist in one form or another. God is unnecessary by the Principle of Parsimony.

>The natural histories of religions are well-documented. The behavioral causes of religions are well-known. There is no evidence that gods and religions are the products of anything other than human ingenuity and imagination. Ergo, atheism is rational and skeptically unassailable. Consider
[+] 3 users Like Gwaithmir's post
27-12-2017, 06:56 AM
I have one too!

1) God agrees with almost every religious theist (about morality etc.)

2) Religous theists disagrees with each other.

Therefor, God disagrees with himself.

This means he either has no consistent view on anything, in which case he can be disregarded; or he doesn't exist at all and the theists are just agreeing with projections of themselves.

(Or he does exist but theists have no clue what his views are on anything, in which case what they have to say about it is irrelevant.)

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Robvalue's post