Senate OKs creationism in public schools
http://www.wthr.com/story/16606066/senat...ching-bill

waiiiiiiit... What?Huh

(state specific btw)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-01-2012, 11:05 AM
RE: Senate OKs creationism in public schools
(27-01-2012 10:28 AM)Logisch Wrote:  http://www.wthr.com/story/16606066/senat...ching-bill

waiiiiiiit... What?Huh

(state specific btw)

Not the real Senate, just the kiddie senate.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-01-2012, 11:09 AM
Yes, true. Hopefully it gets kicked into the dirt.
27-01-2012, 11:11 AM
It'll never happen. No only is it unconstitutional but there are enough judges with the common sense to keep this out of classrooms.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
27-01-2012, 11:13 AM
Agreed. If they have to teach one myth, then surely we would need to get some other myths in there as well.
27-01-2012, 11:45 PM (This post was last modified: 27-01-2012 11:50 PM by morondog.)
(27-01-2012 11:11 AM)germanyt Wrote:  It'll never happen. No only is it unconstitutional but there are enough judges with the common sense to keep this out of classrooms.

You woulda hoped that there were enough bright sparks in your ruling committee to laugh this off Dodgy Seems like you're relying on a fairly tenuous last line of defence Confused
I note that
Quote:despite pleas from scientists and religious leaders to keep religion out of science classrooms

Which religious leaders?

Think this could backfire though. By saying 'religion is science' they're entitling teachers and kids to use the scientific method on it. The strongest argument for religion I've heard (and it's fucking weak) is that religion and science are different spheres and do no overlap. By pushing this they open themselves up to testing scientific claims made in the Bible...
28-01-2012, 12:11 AM
You scared the shit out of me.

I am sorry if I sounded profane but I thought the U.S. senate had pass this and was about to move to Canada before I read the article. I'm glad this was just a state senate and I'm very confident we won't try to make our students any less knowledgeable than they already are.

Just please, next time don't give me a heart attack. Than again, I shouldn't take any literary work as truth unless it has actual factual backing.

*Cough* Theists *Cough* Sorry, I am still sick.

"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind." -John F Kennedy

The way to see by Faith is to shut the eye of Reason.” -Benjamin Franklin

It has been a long time. How have you been?
[+] 1 user Likes ShirubaDangan's post
28-01-2012, 12:18 AM
(28-01-2012 12:11 AM)ShirubaDangan Wrote:  You scared the shit out of me.

I am sorry if I sounded profane but I thought the U.S. senate had pass this and was about to move to Canada before I read the article. I'm glad this was just a state senate and I'm very confident we won't try to make our students any less knowledgeable than they already are.

Just please, next time don't give me a heart attack. Than again, I shouldn't take any literary work as truth unless it has actual factual backing.

*Cough* Theists *Cough* Sorry, I am still sick.

Yeah sorry - I really meant to edit the title after the first response and realized I couldn't - forward apologies for anyone who clicks and poops their pants. Indeed, the "kiddy senate"... again - hopefully gets kicked into the dirt.

If a mod sees this, feel free to edit the title accordingly.
28-01-2012, 01:07 AM
I believe its fine. You aren't lying and hopefully we can see other people's reactions to what a theocratic America would look like.

"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind." -John F Kennedy

The way to see by Faith is to shut the eye of Reason.” -Benjamin Franklin

It has been a long time. How have you been?
[+] 1 user Likes ShirubaDangan's post
28-01-2012, 07:57 AM
Last time I checked...

Still not a theocracy.

It's this kind of ridiculousness that frustrates me about this country. We think ignoring the constitution is okay when it's about defending their 'god.' The religious don't get to decide what does and doesn't get taught to children especially when it is worse than a theory, it's bullshit.

My Blog
[Image: 1z5qgiq.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Soon creationist are going to say beneficial mutations prove creationism Metazoa Zeke 18 320 22-03-2014 02:08 PM
Last Post: Metazoa Zeke
  Creationism/Evolution Drich 130 2,666 21-02-2014 03:55 AM
Last Post: Revenant77x
  Creationism Assignment - Being accepting of religion or ruining education. Wanderingcelt 13 393 20-02-2014 07:18 AM
Last Post: EvolutionKills
  Kangaroos Kickbox Creationism sporehux 6 256 12-02-2014 09:03 AM
Last Post: Hafnof
  Creationism:Why to Catch Teens and Children and the Money that Comes with it Metazoa Zeke 4 191 03-02-2014 09:09 PM
Last Post: Drich
Video WOW! Creationism forced on children in a public school. Raptor Jesus 2 195 27-01-2014 09:09 PM
Last Post: Timber1025
  The Big Think Creationism debate TheBeardedDude 175 4,013 24-10-2013 09:01 AM
Last Post: DeavonReye