Sending ballons to North Korea.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-03-2015, 09:15 PM
Sending ballons to North Korea.

This video in brief, shows a group of people who attempt to send ballons laden with propaganda (their words), money, dvds and usb drives into North Korea. The South Korean government advised them not to send copies of the film"The Interview" which they respect, but soon grow impatient.

Im sure even if the ballons reach people then they would be putting themselves in danger keeping anything, theres no guarantee that they would believe it anyway.

So my questions are..... is it the right right thing to do? Should they send the film over as well?

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-03-2015, 09:28 PM
RE: Sending ballons to North Korea.
I don't think it's a good idea. That nut in N. Korea could freak and start a war.
Seems like provocation to me.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
17-03-2015, 09:33 PM
(17-03-2015 09:15 PM)bemore Wrote:  

This video in brief, shows a group of people who attempt to send ballons laden with propaganda (their words), money, dvds and usb drives into North Korea. The South Korean government advised them not to send copies of the film"The Interview" which they respect, but soon grow impatient.

Im sure even if the ballons reach people then they would be putting themselves in danger keeping anything, theres no guarantee that they would believe it anyway.

So my questions are..... is it the right right thing to do? Should they send the film over as well?

It seemed to me I was watching something on north Korea, a documentary where people did send messages that way.

I wish I could recall when/where I saw it.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
17-03-2015, 09:37 PM
(17-03-2015 09:28 PM)pablo Wrote:  I don't think it's a good idea. That nut in N. Korea could freak and start a war.

I agree to a large extent, sending aid and money is one thing, propaganda is different.

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
17-03-2015, 09:58 PM
Most of them are already well aware of the fact that their gov't is screwed up. Supplies are nice, especially things like shoes in the winter. But the propaganda just draws unneeded attention. If they want to get them into shit, send them weapons instead so at least they have a fighting chance.

And he'll never be dumb enough to start a war with South Korea. He can talk all he wants, but he knows damn well South Korea would mop the floor with his inadequately trained, poorly equipped, low morale having soldier wannabes. The only people he can successfully attack are his own citizens.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
17-03-2015, 11:31 PM
(17-03-2015 09:37 PM)bemore Wrote:  
(17-03-2015 09:28 PM)pablo Wrote:  I don't think it's a good idea. That nut in N. Korea could freak and start a war.

I agree to a large extent, sending aid and money is one thing, propaganda is different.

Agreed. I think North Korea is a sensitive issue because the people likely to suffer if things go pear shaped are the North Korean public.
The government in NK has complete control. It's extremely repressive, more so than any other country in the world (which with Islamic countries is saying something).

I think even if you were successful in opening people's eyes to the blight of their government, the people are in absolutely no position to do anything about it.
There's no democracy and North Korea has the largest standing army in the world.
The people are too poor and too repressed to do anything about it.

A diplomatic solution where the boarder is opened is the only chance to "fixing" North Korea. If we can get North Korea down in status from an extremely repressive, isolationist, country to something like Iran, than there is hope.

North Korea has an extremely long road a head of it and sending propaganda balloons over does nothing but harm the situation.