Sending photo.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-05-2012, 05:10 PM
Sending photo.
Mrs Woof is going over seas soon and will be buying her first digital camera .(Simple one, $131 Ted's Camera Store)

It is Woof's desire to send a photo to photo thread, but lacks experience.

The last camera I used was an old Kodak that you put film in and round around the numbers.

Do I need a memory stick? .......... Any advice gratefully received?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-05-2012, 06:32 PM
RE: Sending photo.
I don't think I understand what it is that you mean.

Do you mean uploading a photo to the site? Uploading a photo to your computer? Sending photos over email?

If it's uploading to the site, you will need to have an outside site that you use for photo hosting, such as photobucket. Or you can use the attachment option when making a new post. Clicking that button will take you to the option of uploading from your computer. Then it's just a matter of tracking the image down from there.
To upload to a site like photobucket you do the same thing. Make an account there and click the upload icon. Then you just select the photos from your computer you like and away you go.
To upload photos from photobucket to here you click the copy image location bar underneath the photo and then on this site you click the picture icon inside of a new message and paste the copy there.

Uploading to a computer is super easy these days. Some new cameras don't even need to connect after the initial sync. They can transfer images through wifi. However mine does not do that and it was pretty pricey. I have to connect through the cable it came with. It's your standard USB connection with a camera specific connection on the other end. I can't say for yours but I know it's hassle free for mine. The camera came with loading software that is actually pretty nice. And it only takes seconds to unload the whole thing.
However if the camera doesn't have that option, you will likely need a SD card or something. Depends on the camera. This depending on your computer, will either be able to plug directly into an SD slot or will require a card reader.
I have no experience with anything other than SD and micro SD, but I'm sure all the other formats of memory storage are pretty similar in operation.

If it's just sending via email, that all depends on the email host you use. I hate sending images over email as most email hosts have really limited memory capacity for sending. It can be a hassle especially when trying to send bajillions of images. It's best to condense the images using software made for it if you have a ton of images to send. Especially these days with the super HD images we can take, they end up being pretty large files. Easier to use a site like Photobucket to host your images for you, allowing you to take what you like from any computer you're at.

Hope I helped Woof, but I'll bet I missed the actual query entirely.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
15-05-2012, 06:35 PM
Digital camera should come with a usb cord. Plug it into usb port, let windows find it. If nothing pops up, look for a new removable hard drive. Click on it to open, look for a file called DCIM, inside there one called 100 media - there you go. Transfer the pic to your hard drive.

I use photobucket.com; upload shit right from my phone as above. Wink

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
15-05-2012, 10:34 PM
I think you're asking what you need for your camera.

Camera:
When you purchase it, make sure it comes with batteries and a memory card, and the USB cord. Make sure to read your manual, then format your card in the camera. Then take your photos. When you want to transfer your photos to your computer you can either attach the USB cord to the camera and the computer, the comp should 'sense' it and will bring up your photos to upload to the computer. OR you can take out your memory card from the camera and insert it into the appropriate slot on your laptop/computer. If your computer doesn't sense it and you are PC, go into my commuter and you should see it there (or finder for Mac).

Posting to TTA:
Now your photos are on the computer. To post a picture here on TTA you will need a hosting site, I use photo bucket. You have to sign up as a member, do that. Then some simple directions will help you (click upload photo). Once your photo is on photobucket copy the direct link (it prompts you when you 'hover' your mouse over the photo). Come back to TTA and in your reply click the little picture icon. A pop up link box will be there, paste your lnk into it. Your picture should appear!

Does this help? Good luck!
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
15-05-2012, 11:09 PM
Thanks every one; will give it a good bash! Thumbsup
16-05-2012, 12:45 AM
KILL IT BEFORE IT LAYS EGGS!!

Smile

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
24-05-2012, 01:09 PM
Oh, and try all that stuff out thoroughly before the trip. Do extensive test runs with the new camera. And your computer. Images are digital so whether you shoot 10 or a thousand test images won't cost any more.
Shoot a thousand! Before the trip. I'm serious.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  We're sending the wrong message. earmuffs 48 720 07-07-2014 11:09 PM
Last Post: kim
Big Grin Sending videos? Mr Woof 3 126 26-11-2013 11:49 PM
Last Post: Mr Woof
  Photo uploads. legendoflink 10 331 31-08-2012 11:28 AM
Last Post: legendoflink
Bug TTA Forum is not sending confirmation emails KVron 4 193 14-03-2012 01:13 AM
Last Post: KVron
  PM's not sending Erxomai 31 898 29-02-2012 11:26 AM
Last Post: legendoflink