Sentence in muslim gay kidnapping case

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-03-2015, 03:20 PM
Sentence in muslim gay kidnapping case
http://www.spiegel.de/panorama/justiz/na...23180.html

I followed this case and thought you would be interested.

A young muslim in Berlin who came out as gay and told his parents about it was kidnapped by his father and uncle who tried to smuggle him abroad and force him into marriage. They were stopped at the Bulgarian border and the Uncle and father were charged with kidnapping a minor.

Now they were both found guilty and sentenced to pay reperations of 1350 Euros.

A very mild sentence, if you ask me, but I am at least happy that this made it to court since most of these incidents in closed off parallel societies get handeld outside of the realms of the law in a rather dark manner.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-03-2015, 03:45 PM
RE: Sentence in muslim gay kidnapping case
I would say so, why is it ok to harm family members on any issue but if you do the same to a complete stranger you get a harder punishment?

I saw a case on a show called Forensic Files where a couple of Sikh parents murdered their daughter because they didn't like her dating a black guy. But this is what religion does to humans.

There are right wing sects in every religion where you don't cross social norms where the family would rather disown you or hurt you because you bruise the family image.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-03-2015, 06:05 AM
RE: Sentence in muslim gay kidnapping case
(12-03-2015 03:45 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  I would say so, why is it ok to harm family members on any issue but if you do the same to a complete stranger you get a harder punishment?

I saw a case on a show called Forensic Files where a couple of Sikh parents murdered their daughter because they didn't like her dating a black guy. But this is what religion does to humans.

There are right wing sects in every religion where you don't cross social norms where the family would rather disown you or hurt you because you bruise the family image.
Me and my roommates took in a friend of ours cause she was gay and her parents kicked her out for it. I was thinking "oh super religous bigots" ruining the reputation of kindness and understanding that is SUPPOSE to come with the title christian right? (I incresingly find that more often than not its the complete opposite) Wrong they were atheists there reason was they were afraid to be able to have there friends come over cause they were afraid of what they might think. I never really figured it out and blamed it more on the times they group up in cause this is about the only case i had ever witnessed ive heard of others involving nonreligous families but only ever heard you know? Where as ive been there plenty of times for friends as they came out to religous parents.
Find all posts by this user