Sentenced to church for 10 years for manslaughter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-11-2012, 06:25 PM
http://www.koco.com/news/oklahomanews/ar...index.html

really... that happened here in Oklahoma. So sick.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-11-2012, 06:28 PM
RE: Sentenced to church for 10 years for manslaughter
Well that's unorthodox to say the least...
Is that supposed to be a punishment or a means of rehabilitation?

[Image: giphy.gif]
18-11-2012, 06:32 PM
That judge needs some serious punishment. That's unconstitutional in the whole continent!

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 3 users Like nach_in's post
18-11-2012, 11:32 PM
(18-11-2012 06:32 PM)nach_in Wrote:  That judge needs some serious punishment. That's unconstitutional in the whole continent!

I wonder if there is a way to find out how many other people that judge sentenced to something similar. It might be one of those kick-back scams that judges sometimes are a part of. You know, getting a certain dollar amount in cash for every ass he puts in the seat in that church every sunday.
[+] 1 user Likes Birdguy1979's post
18-11-2012, 11:39 PM
To bad the judge didn't get ran over. This violates everything the US was founded on. Surely this ruling can be fought if the guilty party so wishes. Fuck that piece of shit judge! Yeah, the kid fucked up (big time), and yes he should be punished, but this is unacceptable.

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
18-11-2012, 11:39 PM
(18-11-2012 11:32 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(18-11-2012 06:32 PM)nach_in Wrote:  That judge needs some serious punishment. That's unconstitutional in the whole continent!

I wonder if there is a way to find out how many other people that judge sentenced to something similar. It might be one of those kick-back scams that judges sometimes are a part of. You know, getting a certain dollar amount in cash for every ass he puts in the seat in that church every sunday.

Good point. Now I wish I had thought of this when I was a pastor. What a great church growth program!

It does beg the question though. Does church feel like jail? Laughat

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
18-11-2012, 11:51 PM
... Is that alllowed ? Judge can determine the sentence to that degree ? I mean I would have thought there was some kind of minimum statutory requirement for the guy to be sentenced to ?
19-11-2012, 12:48 AM
(18-11-2012 11:51 PM)morondog Wrote:  ... Is that alllowed ? Judge can determine the sentence to that degree ? I mean I would have thought there was some kind of minimum statutory requirement for the guy to be sentenced to ?
Is it allowed? Hell no! Separation of church and state anyone? That doesn't mean that the judge won't get by with it though. Our judges and politicians constantly fail to uphold the supreme law, the constitution. As a matter of fact congress hasn't declared war since 1941. That is the only way for the US to enter into a war legally. How many wars have we fought since then? Anyone keeping count? Korea, Vietnam, Bolivia, Iraq, Afghanistan, Iraq (again), Libya, and probably Iran within the next decade...these aren't 'wars', no, they are skirmishes, military mishaps. Then I could mention the crimes by the FDA, the DEA, the FBI, CIA...things like the Patriot Act, and NDAA... The laws of the government are only followed by the government when it is convenient for them.

Sorry for the rant, I get worked up! Censored

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
19-11-2012, 12:58 AM
(19-11-2012 12:48 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  Sorry for the rant, I get worked up! Censored
Rightly so. I get worked up when I think about how my government treats the law as a mere inconvenience to be sidestepped too!

Just visiting.

-SR
19-11-2012, 01:00 AM
I just find it really strange because... well surely if the judge can change a sentence for manslaughter to this laughable thing then surely every murderer would do all he could to bribe the judge?