Seperation anxiety

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-04-2014, 10:19 PM
RE: Seperation anxiety
(17-04-2014 04:03 PM)Dom Wrote:  Normally the dogs have this disorder - but here I go! Had to leave my little dog Mop at the vet's for two days, he has a slipped disk. I am at a total loss - I think someone needs to lock me in a kennel quick before I start tearing up the furniture!

Jokes aside, this is a big blow to me. Mop and I are joined at the hip, always together - but no more. When he gets back I will have to keep him sedated for 6 weeks to allow the spine to heal - and after that no more stairs for him. I will have to put a gate up so he can't follow me down to the veggie garden anymore, that has a bunch of steps going down. I spend a lot of time there all summer.

He has a 90% chance of recouping - and then he still won't be allowed on stairs. Now I will have to keep my Shepherd from following me there also or there will be jealousy.

I don't want to think about the 10% chance of not recouping... I am sure attached to my dogs. I feel naked without Mop here. Something is missing every step I take...
I hope you didn't have him neutered. If anything happened to him I would have gotten a surrogate dog and raise a child in his honor. I know it's pretty deep, what I just said, but I send you a Hug

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Alex_Leonardo's post
17-04-2014, 10:31 PM
Well just be glad you don't have Separation Anxiety. Now THAT would be even worse.
AngelHeartHug

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
17-04-2014, 11:37 PM
That sounds sad Dom. I hope the special moments other than the garden can be just as rewarding for you and the pups, and I hope for a long while still. Wishing you strength for the next few days and weeks until life settles into a somewhat normal routine as before.
18-04-2014, 05:16 AM
Sorry to hear about Mop, but I'm sure that the surgery will go well and that he will adapt afterwards. Thumbsup

Dogs really can be amazing companions, I know mine are and would feel empty inside without them, even tho they can be a PIA sometimes. Wink

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
18-04-2014, 08:23 AM
Well, no, he is neutered, he is a puppy mill puppy with congenital defects, like a good percentage of those poor dogs have. I would never let those genes get passed on. I did know the risk when I adopted him from the SPCA.

Don't ever buy a puppy that was raised in a puppy mill, you will be directly supporting much pain and suffering.

I wish they had a better understanding of language - the poor thing must think he has been abandoned in a small, tiny torture chamber, unable to move and with needles stuck in him. Hard enough to bear for us humans who understand why we are there, not knowing shit must be so much worse.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
18-04-2014, 11:09 AM
Sorry Dom!

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
19-04-2014, 07:29 PM
Well, I picked him up from the vet today - so far, so good, the vet says he is making good progress, has a lot of the feeling in his hind legs back.

Now the trick to keep him quiet... the pills do help. I have to keep him kenneled or he moves about, he is so happy to be home.

It does look like he will make a nice recovery.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 5 users Like Dom's post
19-04-2014, 07:31 PM
(19-04-2014 07:29 PM)Dom Wrote:  Well, I picked him up from the vet today - so far, so good, the vet says he is making good progress, has a lot of the feeling in his hind legs back.

Now the trick to keep him quiet... the pills do help. I have to keep him kenneled or he moves about, he is so happy to be home.

Go Mop Big Grin

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
(19-04-2014 07:29 PM)Dom Wrote:  Well, I picked him up from the vet today - so far, so good, the vet says he is making good progress, has a lot of the feeling in his hind legs back.

Great news Dom. Smile

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
Oh good!! So glad you've got your puppy back, and he's doing ok Thumbsup Hug

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta