Seperation anxiety

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-05-2014, 06:21 PM
RE: Seperation anxiety
(08-05-2014 06:10 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(08-05-2014 05:55 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  How are things with Mop, Dom? Is he adjusting to his temporary lifestyle a little better yet?
...I have gained 3 pounds from not moving. Confused...

Oh the things we do for those furry little creatures we love so much Hug Heart

People used to laugh at me when I would say "I want to be a comedian". Well nobody is laughing now!

You can never lose a homing pigeon - if your homing pigeon doesn't come back, what you've lost is a pigeon.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
14-05-2014, 09:48 AM
Well, he's going off his meds today. No more stairs ( had to install a gate), no jumping (lifting him into the car and out of it), special way of lifting that supports the back 100%, and no jumping up.

The last is the hardest, since he is a small dog he tends to stand up against the chair when he wants attention and that is out. Obviously he is doing this when I am not paying attention, so who knows how long it will take to get a grip on that one.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
14-05-2014, 10:00 AM
Can you get some sort of ramp?

I recently bought a set of two step to help Chopper get on the couch and I noticed while looking that there are also ramps of varying sizes available.

Just a thought.

Hope things continue to go well.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
14-05-2014, 10:05 AM
(14-05-2014 10:00 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Can you get some sort of ramp?

I recently bought a set of two step to help Chopper get on the couch and I noticed while looking that there are also ramps of varying sizes available.

Just a thought.

Hope things continue to go well.

Not sure of a ramp is going to be helpful - for the car it's easier to pick him up. Also, going up the ramp - it will at first curve his spine backwards as he steps on it from the even ground - we don't want to curve the spine backwards. Remember, Lhasas are one of these long dogs, like wieners.

He can curl up to sleep, but not make the spine go the other direction.

Main thing - he's a happy dog and seems to have zero pain. Yeah!

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post