September 13th 2015

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-08-2015, 01:53 PM
September 13th 2015
Hello all. This is my first post here, so be gentle Tongue

It's about something my dad, a devout believer, brought up to me today.

He mentioned reading s book called the Harbinger (I think). He went on to tell me about all these economic crashes and catastrophic events that coincided with the Hebrew calendar.

He says the next 'predicted' event is the fall of the US dollar/economic collapse of the world, set to occur on Sept 13, 2015. He believes it will happen, and will herald the beginning of the tribulations.

Of course, I think it's nothing but a bunch of woo mongering, like any other 'prediction.'

But I wound up not telling him that, I just smiled and nodded. I'm no debater, and this is the first I've heard of this.

I'm curious what you guys think. Do you think the US economy will collapse come Sept 13...or will we wake up Sept 14 with a bunch of disappointed xtians Tongue

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Loom's post
25-08-2015, 01:59 PM
RE: September 13th 2015
First off Welcome to the forum.

Second more than likely we will wake up on September 14th and it will be pretty much like any other day. I swear there is an end of the world scenario presented at least once every two years if not sooner that I hear about.

Its all a bunch of woo as you put it

“We can judge our progress by the courage of our questions and the depth of our answers, our willingness to embrace what is true rather than what feels good.”
― Carl Sagan
[+] 1 user Likes Worom's post
25-08-2015, 01:59 PM
(25-08-2015 01:53 PM)Loom Wrote:  Hello all. This is my first post here, so be gentle Tongue

It's about something my dad, a devout believer, brought up to me today.

He mentioned reading s book called the Harbinger (I think). He went on to tell me about all these economic crashes and catastrophic events that coincided with the Hebrew calendar.

He says the next 'predicted' event is the fall of the US dollar/economic collapse of the world, set to occur on Sept 13, 2015. He believes it will happen, and will herald the beginning of the tribulations.

Of course, I think it's nothing but a bunch of woo mongering, like any other 'prediction.'

But I wound up not telling him that, I just smiled and nodded. I'm no debater, and this is the first I've heard of this.

I'm curious what you guys think. Do you think the US economy will collapse come Sept 13...or will we wake up Sept 14 with a bunch of disappointed xtians Tongue

I wouldn't be surprised if the US economy collapses at some point, but any time someone puts a specific date on it, it's nothing but woo. There will be some disappointed Christians on Sep. 14.
25-08-2015, 02:00 PM
September 13th 2015
I'm putting it on my calendar to repent on the 12th.
[+] 5 users Like KUSA's post
25-08-2015, 02:04 PM
Hi Welcome Smile This is typical religious woo stuff. There are Bible codes, Bible calculations, blood moon prophecies, Bible passages "predicting" a variety of events, and calendar prophecy date "calculations." There is always someone who likes to predict the world is going to end or some catastrophic event is going to occur on such and such a date, but it never ever happens. This is a funny episode of the Atheist Experience--they survived the apocalypse Tongue

[+] 6 users Like jennybee's post
25-08-2015, 02:18 PM
I figured as much (can't watch the vid, at work, but I'll save it for later).

What's hilarious to me is right after all the end of the world this year talk...he goes straight into talking about how excited he is about a cruise ship our family will be going on...next year. /facedesk

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
[+] 4 users Like Loom's post
25-08-2015, 02:19 PM
This should help ease the apocalyptic pangs:

A list of failed prophecies....incomplete of course...

OH MY IT DIDN'T HAPPEN YET???? Facepalm

**Crickets** -- God
[+] 4 users Like Tonechaser77's post
25-08-2015, 02:29 PM
I read that book, it was dumb as fuck. People will believe whatever stupid shit which seems to affirm their beliefs.

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
25-08-2015, 03:12 PM
There's also supposed to be an Asteroid that hits near Puerto Rico, and the Jewish Messiah is supposed to return and the last of the "Blood Moons" is supposed to occur all in that month. Bunch of non sense.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
25-08-2015, 03:17 PM
The hilarious thing is that their own book (the Bible) says that no-one can know the day. So why the hell do they keep trying to predict it? Don't they believe their own book?
[+] 3 users Like Grasshopper's post