September 13th 2015

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-08-2015, 03:27 PM
RE: September 13th 2015
(25-08-2015 03:17 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  The hilarious thing is that their own book (the Bible) says that no-one can know the day. So why the hell do they keep trying to predict it? Don't they believe their own book?

I did bring up that point, but he shrugged it off, saying god himself may have essentially 'beamed' the knowledge down.

le sigh

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Loom's post
25-08-2015, 07:56 PM
September has traditionally been a lousy month for stocks. Much of this is because people take vacations in the Summer months and once returning to the grind of work tend to sell stocks they'd been thinking about during the Summer lull. When this happens it increases selling pressure, thus the Stock Market falls. So September is not a good month for Stocks.

It has nothing to do with the fucking Bible. Geesh!

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
25-08-2015, 08:49 PM
(25-08-2015 01:53 PM)Loom Wrote:  Hello all. This is my first post here, so be gentle Tongue

It's about something my dad, a devout believer, brought up to me today.

He mentioned reading s book called the Harbinger (I think). He went on to tell me about all these economic crashes and catastrophic events that coincided with the Hebrew calendar.

He says the next 'predicted' event is the fall of the US dollar/economic collapse of the world, set to occur on Sept 13, 2015. He believes it will happen, and will herald the beginning of the tribulations.

Of course, I think it's nothing but a bunch of woo mongering, like any other 'prediction.'

But I wound up not telling him that, I just smiled and nodded. I'm no debater, and this is the first I've heard of this.

I'm curious what you guys think. Do you think the US economy will collapse come Sept 13...or will we wake up Sept 14 with a bunch of disappointed xtians Tongue

Is he signing his house over to you ?
If not, ask him why not.

Oh oh. Time for Plan B.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post
26-08-2015, 08:00 AM
(25-08-2015 01:53 PM)Loom Wrote:  He mentioned reading s book called the Harbinger (I think). He went on to tell me about all these economic crashes and catastrophic events that coincided with the Hebrew calendar.

He says the next 'predicted' event is the fall of the US dollar/economic collapse of the world, set to occur on Sept 13, 2015.

Okay, so lets say that there is a "reliable" pattern established from past events...

How does he go from that, to "the next crash will be this very specific one"? How does he know it won't be some entirely different economic crash.

(25-08-2015 01:53 PM)Loom Wrote:  He believes it will happen, and will herald the beginning of the tribulations.

And where does this come from?! He's just tacking one open-ended, vague prophesy onto another. That sounds just as ridiculous as predicting the rapture based on the outcome of the next Superbowl.

What this is I don't even.
26-08-2015, 08:18 AM
(26-08-2015 08:00 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(25-08-2015 01:53 PM)Loom Wrote:  He mentioned reading s book called the Harbinger (I think). He went on to tell me about all these economic crashes and catastrophic events that coincided with the Hebrew calendar.

He says the next 'predicted' event is the fall of the US dollar/economic collapse of the world, set to occur on Sept 13, 2015.

Okay, so lets say that there is a "reliable" pattern established from past events...

How does he go from that, to "the next crash will be this very specific one"? How does he know it won't be some entirely different economic crash.

(25-08-2015 01:53 PM)Loom Wrote:  He believes it will happen, and will herald the beginning of the tribulations.

And where does this come from?! He's just tacking one open-ended, vague prophesy onto another. That sounds just as ridiculous as predicting the rapture based on the outcome of the next Superbowl.

What this is I don't even.
In his brain it all makes sense. It's why I don't even bother debating. Even if I were good at it, I'd be better off talking to a wall. He isn't stupid. And he applies logic to his life.

But when it comes to his beliefs, his logic goes backassward instantly.

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
28-08-2015, 05:51 PM
September 13, 2015 will be a Sunday. The markets will be closed. The U.S. economy will not be able to collapse until the markets open again on Monday the 14th.

"El mar se mide por olas,
el cielo por alas,
nosotros por lágrimas."
-- Jaime Sabines
[+] 7 users Like daniel1948's post
28-08-2015, 06:16 PM
(28-08-2015 05:51 PM)daniel1948 Wrote:  September 13, 2015 will be a Sunday. The markets will be closed. The U.S. economy will not be able to collapse until the markets open again on Monday the 14th.

There will be a spiritual collapse on Sunday.
Drinking Beverage

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 7 users Like unfogged's post
28-08-2015, 06:24 PM
(25-08-2015 01:53 PM)Loom Wrote:  Hello all. This is my first post here, so be gentle Tongue

He mentioned reading s book called the Harbinger (I think). He went on to tell me about all these economic crashes and catastrophic events that coincided with the Hebrew calendar.

He says the next 'predicted' event is the fall of the US dollar/economic collapse of the world, set to occur on Sept 13, 2015. He believes it will happen, and will herald the beginning of the tribulations.

Of course, I think it's nothing but a bunch of woo mongering, like any other 'prediction.'

But I wound up not telling him that, I just smiled and nodded. I'm no debater, and this is the first I've heard of this.

I'm curious what you guys think. Do you think the US economy will collapse come Sept 13...or will we wake up Sept 14 with a bunch of disappointed xtians Tongue

Just find a big list of all the predictions made before in the past and show them to him.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
28-08-2015, 06:37 PM

I am more worried about Y2K!!! Gasp

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 6 users Like Banjo's post
29-08-2015, 11:18 PM
I’ve heard Jewish people talking IN VERY SMALL QUANTITIES about Rosh Hashana this year marking the start of the coming of the (Jewish) Messiah. Christians say that the date cannot be known, but we Jews take a different approach.

I’d like to provide you with a handy survival list just in case their predictions are correct:

1. Absolutely no special preparations are required. If the messiah comes, then NOTHING IN YOUR LIFE WILL CHANGE except that there will be peace on Earth. Won’t that be nice?

No one is going to hell.
Everyone gets to live.
We’ll all be happy.
No one needs to convert to Judaism to get all of this.
[+] 4 users Like Aliza's post