September 13th 2015

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-08-2015, 03:02 AM
RE: September 13th 2015
(25-08-2015 02:04 PM)jennybee Wrote:  This is a funny episode of the Atheist Experience--they survived the apocalypse Tongue

Was really diggin it, but had to start skipping through, and ultimately dumped it after a few mins - his mic being stuck in his collar was absolutely murdering me...

Sound Guy. Fired. ...Or at least reasonably flogged.

“Narg know people come back somtimes. Narg wait. You no need sword. Put sword down. Narg no hurt.” – Narg
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-08-2015, 03:09 AM
(26-08-2015 08:18 AM)Loom Wrote:  In his brain it all makes sense. It's why I don't even bother debating. Even if I were good at it, I'd be better off talking to a wall. He isn't stupid. And he applies logic to his life.

But when it comes to his beliefs, his logic goes backassward instantly.

Like the 9th Step, "Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others." - if it's not going to directly or indirectly contribute to making the world a better place or improving someone's life, I don't speak to anyone about it (easily resorting to smiling/nodding as well).

“Narg know people come back somtimes. Narg wait. You no need sword. Put sword down. Narg no hurt.” – Narg
30-08-2015, 05:58 AM
It's too bad that it's only a small bunch of nutters who believe it. A widespread panic drive is always good for business.

Remember Y2K???

I sold my generator on December 15th (or so) 1999.

I bought it used for a couple hundred.

I sold it for $750.

I bought a nice unused one, bigger than the old one - (from a guy who'd paid top dollar) a few months later for $350...

Gouging???

Nope -- just a very well placed bet.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 3 users Like onlinebiker's post
30-08-2015, 07:28 AM
The difference being (from what I heard, anyway) is that there was actual concern and actual scramble involved with Y2K.

A better example, IMHO, 5/21/11:
[Image: Judgment_Day_21_May_2011_(English).jpg]

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
30-08-2015, 07:52 AM
(29-08-2015 11:18 PM)Aliza Wrote:  I’ve heard Jewish people talking IN VERY SMALL QUANTITIES about Rosh Hashana this year marking the start of the coming of the (Jewish) Messiah. Christians say that the date cannot be known, but we Jews take a different approach.

I’d like to provide you with a handy survival list just in case their predictions are correct:

1. Absolutely no special preparations are required. If the messiah comes, then NOTHING IN YOUR LIFE WILL CHANGE except that there will be peace on Earth. Won’t that be nice?

No one is going to hell.
Everyone gets to live.
We’ll all be happy.
No one needs to convert to Judaism to get all of this.

What the hang? Is it even legal to have a religion like that?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 6 users Like morondog's post
30-08-2015, 05:49 PM
(30-08-2015 07:28 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  The difference being (from what I heard, anyway) is that there was actual concern and actual scramble involved with Y2K.

A better example, IMHO, 5/21/11:
[Image: Judgment_Day_21_May_2011_(English).jpg]

Hmmmmm... apparently on judgement day, all the toilets back up - thus necessitating everyone to take "a wild one" - as pictured on the billboard......

Wow.... I'm convinced..

Hobo

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 4 users Like onlinebiker's post
30-08-2015, 08:10 PM
(30-08-2015 05:49 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Hmmmmm... apparently on judgement day, all the toilets back up - thus necessitating everyone to take "a wild one" - as pictured on the billboard......

Wow.... I'm convinced..

ROFL...totally missed that on my first view!

31-08-2015, 07:12 AM
(30-08-2015 08:10 PM)Matrim Cauthon Wrote:  
(30-08-2015 05:49 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Hmmmmm... apparently on judgement day, all the toilets back up - thus necessitating everyone to take "a wild one" - as pictured on the billboard......

Wow.... I'm convinced..

ROFL...totally missed that on my first view!

It's the little things, that make life fun...

Big Grin

31-08-2015, 07:18 AM
(31-08-2015 07:12 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(30-08-2015 08:10 PM)Matrim Cauthon Wrote:  ROFL...totally missed that on my first view!

It's the little things, that make life fun...

Big Grin

That's not what she said.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 2 users Like JDog554's post
31-08-2015, 07:46 AM
(25-08-2015 02:00 PM)KUSA Wrote:  I'm putting it on my calendar to repent on the 12th.

Repent? I'm putting on my calendar to shoot up heroin on the 12th. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post