September 13th 2015

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-09-2015, 07:16 AM
RE: September 13th 2015
(11-09-2015 07:06 AM)Aliza Wrote:  It is less climactic than the Christian view of the end of days, and with far fewer special effects, but our version is still so much better. Smile

And powered by the same amount of wishful thinking too Tongue

I know I'm being mean Wink

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2015, 09:47 AM
(30-08-2015 05:58 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Remember Y2K???
Nope -- just a very well placed bet.

I remember Y2K very well. The department where I worked asked me to check if it would have had any effect on our computers (they were all the same brand and pretty much the same model).

So, I backed up my computer, changed the date to Jan 1 2000 and ran every program I normally used on my PC and a few I rarely used. Of course, I didn't notice a thing.

I should have charged big bucks for endangering my PC.

I did see a guy at a supermarket with a mountain of bottled water. because we all knew water would not flow from our taps because of Y2K. But at least, water doesn't go off.

And, yeah, that was a pretty good bet with your gennie.
11-09-2015, 10:46 AM
(11-09-2015 06:38 AM)Loom Wrote:  It's two days away! I still need to get some popcorn--er survival gear, but given the lackluster performance of this apocalypse thing thus far I may not need it! Though the popcorn is probably still a must.

My dad is still waiting with bated breath. I think I'm looking forward to it as much as he is.

Quote: I still need to get some popcorn--er survival gear

No beer?

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
11-09-2015, 11:00 AM
Are we dead yet?

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
11-09-2015, 01:21 PM
Well...if the US economy collapses on the 13th, it's all good, I've got a ticket outta here on the 14th. (Although that does pose a problem with my little one...)

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
11-09-2015, 06:13 PM
This is the way the world ends
Not with a bang but a whimper.

I'm pretty sure the world ended when Pat Robertson first predicted it in October or November 1982. It's just that nobody noticed because nobody cared.

#sigh
11-09-2015, 11:37 PM
(11-09-2015 06:13 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  This is the way the world ends
Not with a bang but a whimper.

Why not a bang? Tongue I definitely would prefer to go out with a bang.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
12-09-2015, 05:12 AM
A thing to add... an economic collapse happening on a sunday, seems pretty unlikely.

12-09-2015, 08:58 AM
(12-09-2015 05:12 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  A thing to add... an economic collapse happening on a sunday, seems pretty unlikely.

I already said that:

(28-08-2015 05:51 PM)daniel1948 Wrote:  September 13, 2015 will be a Sunday. The markets will be closed. The U.S. economy will not be able to collapse until the markets open again on Monday the 14th.

"El mar se mide por olas,
el cielo por alas,
nosotros por lágrimas."
-- Jaime Sabines
12-09-2015, 10:32 AM
I don't read other peoples things first I guess Tongue

(25-08-2015 02:04 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Hi Welcome Smile This is typical religious woo stuff. There are Bible codes, Bible calculations, blood moon prophecies, Bible passages "predicting" a variety of events, and calendar prophecy date "calculations." There is always someone who likes to predict the world is going to end or some catastrophic event is going to occur on such and such a date, but it never ever happens. This is a funny episode of the Atheist Experience--they survived the apocalypse Tongue

This reminded me, they've done that a couple times I recall because Harold Camping kept changing his prophecy. But I know recently they added a bunch of old episodes they didn't have up online for years. They often said around that time leading up to the 2000 change and still within years around it that Jeff Dee or some others were collecting and mentioning all the religious doomsday website claims they could find to mark the countdown to destruction. I should find some of those pre-2k ones.