Sequel?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-08-2014, 01:36 PM
Sequel?
I signed onto my WiFi and found my thread closed...OK...try again?

To the people who were talking about Scotland and England...my first time to either of these areas! All suggestions are warmly welcome! This is very exciting for me...finally, a foreign country where I speak the language and do not have to rely on German and crappy Polish/Russian. I have one day to visit Scotland. Should I go to Edinburgh or Glasgow?

No. I am not from Smolensk. Kudos to whoever picked up on that. Haha. That was the topic of my senior year government thesis in high school. One day, I would like to go to Smolensk.

To the person who said their sympathies to me being in Bavaria...hahahaha. it's beautiful and I love it! But...it's a little too ruraI' and I would really love to be closer than a 6 kilometer ride from the cclosest NKD/Edeka/Lidl on my bike in the rain.

To the Muslim fellow...salaam a'laikum. Some of my close friends are from Saudi and Bahrain.

Are sequel threads allowed? If they are not..mea culpa :-)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-08-2014, 01:44 PM
RE: Sequel?
(19-08-2014 01:36 PM)Katyn Wrote:  Are sequel threads allowed? If they are not..mea culpa :-)

I think your thread was closed 'cos reasons. No idea really. Not normal at all. By all means start a new one.

If I may suggest (depends on travel arrangements) - go see Salisbury. The cathedral is stunning, there's Stonehenge nearby, and there's a wonderful fortification of which I forget the name (Old something-or-other) which... is really amazing. Occupied since Roman times, and one of William the Conqueror's famous castles.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
19-08-2014, 01:48 PM
Welcome to the forum.

I didn't close the thread, but I guess there was worry that it would have gone down the debate route which is frowned upon in intro threads.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

19-08-2014, 02:02 PM
It was me who asked you about Smolensk. I was there, and in Katyn too, and when I saw your nickname I had to ask Smile.

By the way, welcome again!
19-08-2014, 02:08 PM
(19-08-2014 02:02 PM)DunkleSeele Wrote:  It was me who asked you about Smolensk. I was there, and in Katyn too, and when I saw your nickname I had to ask Smile.

So why did you visit Katyn? Studies or personal interest? Have you seen the movie?
19-08-2014, 02:10 PM
(19-08-2014 01:44 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(19-08-2014 01:36 PM)Katyn Wrote:  Are sequel threads allowed? If they are not..mea culpa :-)

I think your thread was closed 'cos reasons. No idea really. Not normal at all. By all means start a new one.

If I may suggest (depends on travel arrangements) - go see Salisbury. The cathedral is stunning, there's Stonehenge nearby, and there's a wonderful fortification of which I forget the name (Old something-or-other) which... is really amazing. Occupied since Roman times, and one of William the Conqueror's famous castles.

Thank you! Do you think Stonehenge is worth visiting? Also...how is London and food prices? In Paris I looked for Mom and Pop restaurants and found that Italian (of all things) food was the cheapest and best for portion sizes.
19-08-2014, 02:19 PM
(19-08-2014 02:08 PM)Katyn Wrote:  
(19-08-2014 02:02 PM)DunkleSeele Wrote:  It was me who asked you about Smolensk. I was there, and in Katyn too, and when I saw your nickname I had to ask Smile.

So why did you visit Katyn? Studies or personal interest? Have you seen the movie?
I was in Smolensk at a congress and there was an organised trip to Katyn as "recreational program". At that time they were building a memorial to the victim of the massacre. I've been traveling across Europe, former Soviet Union and part of Asia for the last 20 years on business trips.
19-08-2014, 02:20 PM
(19-08-2014 02:10 PM)Katyn Wrote:  Thank you! Do you think Stonehenge is worth visiting?
I enjoyed the visit - your mileage may vary Wink It's just amazing to see really, although it's quite touristy.

Quote:Also...how is London and food prices? In Paris I looked for Mom and Pop restaurants and found that Italian (of all things) food was the cheapest and best for portion sizes.
My brother's place has some good restaurants down the road, prices vary from 10 pounds for a burger and beer to anywhere from 30-40-50 pounds per person if you really go for a blow out meal. You can find cheap and nice but it takes a bit of doing.

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
19-08-2014, 02:21 PM
I tended to mostly eat supermarket stuff - cheap and nasty but it keeps body and soul together. Well. Body. Since I'm an atheist and all Tongue

19-08-2014, 02:26 PM
Edinburgh festival is on at the minute - whether that's good or bad for you in your choice between that or Glasgow is up to you - I'd suspect it'll certainly make Edinburgh more expensive...

"Name me a moral statement made or moral action performed that could not have been made or done, by a non-believer..." - Christopher Hitchens

My youtube musings: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfFoxbz...UVi1pf4B5g