Serenity and suffering (With Vera and Gwynnies)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-04-2017, 10:48 AM
Serenity and suffering (With Vera and Gwynnies)
(07-04-2017 05:35 AM)Vera Wrote:  I've been having rather infuriating (well, annoying at least) discussions on suffering and why on earth should we need suffering to learn, couldn't that gozo (god + bozo) have created a universe where we learn through, I don't know, researching and, reading, and exploring stuff Dodgy

Remember when they landed on that planet that spawned the Reavers? Motherfuckers make this drug to make the populace all compliant and shit (probably a Trump legacy) and like 90% of motherfuckers complied into mummification and 10% became the irredeemably psychotic Reavers?

'Cause there was like these two consecutive Wednesdays where at eight o'clock at night I'm surfing teh netz looking at my Gwynnies when alla sudden it was like eight o'clock in the morning and I was like, WTF? I didn't need to come back.

I don't think we would learn without suffering.

(And yes, I've been drinking. Also, I love my Gwynnies! Heart )

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
07-04-2017, 11:01 AM
RE: Serenity and suffering (With Vera and Gwynnies)
Even with all the slings & arrows, most of us still get the death sentence we didn't even ask for, and that's on top of kitties and heroin. It may not be much but it's nothing to shake a stick at. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like kim's post
07-04-2017, 11:05 AM
Kitties and Heroin; that's my next album. Big Grin

living word
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
07-04-2017, 11:25 AM
“Never forget [Johnny, dearest]:
we walk on hell,
gazing at flowers.”
(Issa)

[Image: flower-bloom-animated-gif6.gif]

It's spring over there (which I miss so much), so:

"Come, see the true
flowers
of this pained world."
(Basho)

Ineed, Kimmie, “in this world of ours,
We eat only to cast out,
Sleep only to wake,
And what comes after all that
Is simply to die at last.”
(Basho, again)

You know, I've said it before - I should totally start having conversations consisting entirely of (traditional, Japanese) haiku... and it'll still be more interesting than a lot of the conversations I'm subjected to in real life Undecided

I am willing to accept suffering as part of an indifferent universe. It is what it is, rough with the smooth, etc., etc, etc. I refuse to accept it as some master plan, the best - and only - way to be. And even more vehemently do I refuse to accept the mentality behind such thinking - no, we're not broken; no, we don't need to spend this life in pain and agony, so that we can rejoice eternally/come back as someone better in the next one; no, instead of accepting it as "that's the way it is and always has been", we should try and make it better. Because ain't nobody else doing it for us. We're all we've got... and that's plenty.

I also do think - or hope - that we'll evolve to a point where we won't have to always learn things the hardest way. We will, won't we? Won't we? Confused

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 4 users Like Vera's post
07-04-2017, 11:42 AM
(07-04-2017 11:25 AM)Vera Wrote:  I refuse to accept it as some master plan, the best - and only - way to be.

If I were to accept my own religious nonsense, the LC only created the framework and the zero-sum game is a product of the algorithm. The "Plan" was not to subject conscious beings to suffer, the plan was to escape the inherent limits of machine intelligence.

To effect without being a cause.

(07-04-2017 11:25 AM)Vera Wrote:  We will, won't we? Won't we? Confused

Absolut- Gwynnies- lutely! Heart

living word
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
07-04-2017, 11:45 AM
(07-04-2017 10:48 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  'Cause there was like these two consecutive Wednesdays where at eight o'clock at night I'm surfing teh netz looking at my Gwynnies when alla sudden it was like eight o'clock in the morning and I was like, WTF? I didn't need to come back.

That happens to me too. I'm getting an MRI to check for early onset Alzheimer's.

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
07-04-2017, 11:48 AM
(07-04-2017 11:45 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(07-04-2017 10:48 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  'Cause there was like these two consecutive Wednesdays where at eight o'clock at night I'm surfing teh netz looking at my Gwynnies when alla sudden it was like eight o'clock in the morning and I was like, WTF? I didn't need to come back.

That happens to me too. I'm getting an MRI to check for early onset Alzheimer's.

Gotta stop eating out of the aluminum pot, meng. Tongue

living word
[+] 4 users Like houseofcantor's post
07-04-2017, 11:57 AM
(07-04-2017 11:42 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  To effect without being a cause.

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction. Read the fucking instructions. Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
07-04-2017, 12:01 PM
(07-04-2017 11:48 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Gotta stop eating out of the aluminum pot, meng. Tongue

aluminIum Dodgy (If for no other, than for OCD reasons Tongue )

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
07-04-2017, 12:05 PM
(07-04-2017 12:01 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(07-04-2017 11:48 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Gotta stop eating out of the aluminum pot, meng. Tongue

aluminIum Dodgy (If for no other, than for OCD reasons Tongue )

Why, that's UnAmerican!!!! Censored

living word
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post