Seriously??

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-03-2011, 11:25 AM
Seriously??
One of my co-workers had to leave work today to watch her sick kids. Would seem normal except-

Her husband had been watching them, but he had to go to BIBLE STUDY. You see, around here, BIBLE STUDY>WORK.

I...I...don't even know.

My reason for being is to serve as a cat cushion. That is good enough for me. Wink
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-03-2011, 11:37 AM

RE: Seriously??
Around here "Bible Study" would be code for at the bar watching March Madness! I wish I had "Bible study" :-(
Quote this message in a reply
17-03-2011, 11:43 AM
IT is watching.
You'll be unemployed like me very soon!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-03-2011, 12:23 PM

I'm not seeing the problem here. Sure, I think the whole idea of having someone ELSE interpret a book to you that you can perfectly well read on your own is simultaneously hilarious and sad, but in regards to the woman taking off work, I'm not seeing the problem from a legal perspective.
17-03-2011, 12:31 PM
(17-03-2011 12:23 PM)SANSD8TY Wrote:  I'm not seeing the problem here. Sure, I think the whole idea of having someone ELSE interpret a book to you that you can perfectly well read on your own is simultaneously hilarious and sad, but in regards to the woman taking off work, I'm not seeing the problem from a legal perspective.

The problem is the husband LEFT the sick kid to go to Bible study.
And it's horrible parenting.

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
17-03-2011, 12:33 PM

(17-03-2011 12:31 PM)gaglamesh731 Wrote:  The problem is the husband LEFT the sick kid to go to Bible study.
And it's horrible parenting.

trillium didn't say that. What I gathered from his post was that the father had to go to bible study, called the wife at work to tell her, and the wife left work to head home, relieving her husband to go to bible study. I don't think the children were left alone at any point.
17-03-2011, 06:14 PM
Seriously? This is ok with people? I don't get it.

My reason for being is to serve as a cat cushion. That is good enough for me. Wink
17-03-2011, 07:08 PM

I don't know why the dad couldn't have taken a break from Bible study to watch his sick kids!! It's a bit weird Confused
17-03-2011, 07:13 PM

(17-03-2011 11:25 AM)trillium13 Wrote:  One of my co-workers had to leave work today to watch her sick kids. Would seem normal except-

Her husband had been watching them, but he had to go to BIBLE STUDY. You see, around here, BIBLE STUDY>WORK.

I...I...don't even know.
Well, he has a Bible at home and he has sick children there too. So his wife learned his priority in one fell swoop. Which is to say, either he's having an affair and Bible Study is code for fucking the strange.
Or, he's in dire need of saving himself from being an unfit father who's priorities in studying printed pages, take precedent over the offspring from his own loins.
He's an asshole. But he'll be a better person when he's dead. So says the New Testament. Till then...
17-03-2011, 08:44 PM
(17-03-2011 06:14 PM)trillium13 Wrote:  Seriously? This is ok with people? I don't get it.

Did she use one of her personal, vacation, or sick days?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user