Seriously?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-06-2016, 11:16 AM
RE: Seriously?
Trying to care about basketball... rying to care about basketball... trying to care about basketba...

Nope. Lost it.

(Almost had it. Gotta be quicker than that!)

Seriously, I care about as much about basketball (especially pro) as both of us likely care about the most incredible lacrosse game ever.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
20-06-2016, 11:18 AM
I agree it's a great story -- at least as big as the 18-0 Patriots losing the Super Bowl a few years back.

I think there just aren't a lot of big sports fans on this forum. It's rare to see posts of any kind in the "Sports" sub-forum. And personally, if I'm going to start a thread in here, it would be more likely to be about baseball or bicycle racing.

But yeah, I've been following the playoffs, and it's been one great story after another -- even before this series. Golden State had to come from behind against Oklahoma City to even get here, and then Cleveland does the same thing to them -- classic!
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
20-06-2016, 12:08 PM
I just find it hard to care about as corrupt a sport as NBA Basketball is. Even if the worst of the allegations are untrue we know for a fact that the games are not called fairly (Superstar calls) and the refs have far more influence on the games than should be.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
20-06-2016, 12:32 PM
I used to watch NBA when there was few of our players of some significance, which is now not the case, so I kinda lost interest.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
20-06-2016, 12:37 PM
Only reason why I know is because the area I live in loves basketball alot.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
20-06-2016, 01:05 PM
The Lake Erie Monsters won a PRO hockey title for Cleveland a week and a half ago, it's already been done.

There's also a guy who was from my town and hikeskool on the time.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
20-06-2016, 01:31 PM
(20-06-2016 12:08 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  I just find it hard to care about as corrupt a sport as NBA Basketball is. Even if the worst of the allegations are untrue we know for a fact that the games are not called fairly (Superstar calls) and the refs have far more influence on the games than should be.

My friend is a college basketball nut and said that's the reason they don't follow the professional teams.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

20-06-2016, 01:47 PM
(20-06-2016 01:05 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  The Lake Erie Monsters won a PRO hockey title for Cleveland a week and a half ago, it's already been done.

There's also a guy who was from my town and hikeskool on the time.

Yeah, they mentioned that title, but it's not major.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-06-2016, 11:12 PM
I didn't post anything cause it doesn't appear to many care for sports here.

I watched every game of every series the Warriors played this post season and I was nearly ill watching them lose to Lebron James. Steph Curry is such a likeable guy and Lebron so detestable.

It's hard to accept that Lebron and Irving are a better tandem than Curry and Thompson. Curry and Klay are possibly the two best shooters in the game today but they went cold the last several games of the Finals, in large part to Clevland's defense.
25-06-2016, 09:54 PM
(24-06-2016 11:12 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  I didn't post anything cause it doesn't appear to many care for sports here.

I watched every game of every series the Warriors played this post season and I was nearly ill watching them lose to Lebron James. Steph Curry is such a likeable guy and Lebron so detestable.

It's hard to accept that Lebron and Irving are a better tandem than Curry and Thompson. Curry and Klay are possibly the two best shooters in the game today but they went cold the last several games of the Finals, in large part to Clevland's defense.

What is it you don't like about LeBron, that he whines on the court?

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user