Seriously scary shit

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-05-2012, 08:16 PM
Seriously scary shit
This appeared on HBO's America Uncovered series - Soldiers In The Army Of God

I admit Al-Queda makes these guys look like pussycats, but they are still very dangerous. These people think they hear the voice of God and God orders them to kill people.

Part One

Part Two

Part Three

Part Four

Part Five

Part Six

Part Seven

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-05-2012, 07:19 PM
RE: Seriously scary shit
Gonna have to watch this later, I have a neighbour that always talks about being a soldier in the army of God and how she's being called to indonesia to be there sometime in a few years.
12-05-2012, 07:30 PM
I got partway through the first video and had the thought when he said "If I heard god tell me to kill I would kill" (or something like that), that it's a pretty scary thing when they think a psychological disorder should be embraced and followed instead of medicated.

But then I think a number of the people in biblical times could have used the meds we prescribe today for mental illness. Probably would've wiped out all religions other than pagan-like ones or general "there could be something there..."
13-05-2012, 04:04 AM (This post was last modified: 13-05-2012 04:24 AM by Hafnof.)
The church I grew up in toned down it's "solider of God" rhetoric substantially when refugees from Sudan's real war started turning up to become part of the congregation. This was partially due to the farcical nature of the claim, and partially because to the extent that it is true - it is offensive to some survivors of war.

Edit: Perhaps I should have watched the videos first Smile

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
13-05-2012, 05:51 AM
Thanks for sharing. I actually watched the entire thing.

I wonder how often religion masks mental illness. I think this young man, Jonathan, if he said what he was saying outside the context of god, he'd be labelled as dangerous with homicidal ideation and considered a threat, maybe even hospitalised. Instead he can find people out there like him to make things worse, all under the header of freedom of religion.

I don't mean we should outlaw religion, but we need to reach the point where someone saying "god speaks to me" raises alarm bells, instead of letting the religious hide the crazies in their midst.

"But the point is, find somebody to love. Everything else is overrated." - HouseofCantor
[+] 1 user Likes Smooshmonster's post
13-05-2012, 09:19 AM
I wonder if they'll be legends in a few years?

England invades France: Joan De Arc hears God telling her to fight.

America invades middle eastern countries: Taliban hear God telling them to fight.

*Stoner laugh*

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
[+] 1 user Likes Cetaceaphile's post
14-05-2012, 12:56 PM
Pretty damn scary the things that people feel justified in doing because they've been "told by God" that it's right. If some God though it was necessary to kill these doctors, why would it need a human to handle the task for it? It's not a religious war, it's a personal vendetta.