Seriously... where did all the Christians go?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-12-2011, 09:13 AM
RE: Seriously... where did all the Christians go?
(30-12-2011 09:07 AM)kineo Wrote:  You've got to be will to put up with a lot of blasphemy to stick around here as a Christian. We don't mind swearing in our arguments either. Blasphemy, and swearing- that's why, but probably mostly that blasphemy.

Plus I can't imagine anyone's ever been converted to Christianity on this site. Could be wrong though, it's not like anyone can track that.

Actually, as soon as you join the site, we track you down and monitor your activities (feel that tiny bump behind your left knee? GPS tracking device we put there while you slept) We monitor all your activities both on and off the computer, who you associate with, and whether you use regular gas or that premium, high octane stuff.

Turns out the only one who became a christian was Trainwreck, and we were never quite sure about him to begin with.

Just visiting.

-SR
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
30-12-2011, 09:15 AM
(30-12-2011 09:09 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  rofl

Why does everyone keep calling me a closet atheist?

Come out of the closet kingschosen, there's no shame in being an atheist,
We all know you secretly pray to the flying spaghetti monster!
RAmen.

Tongue
[+] 2 users Like FSM_scot's post
30-12-2011, 09:20 AM
(30-12-2011 09:09 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  rofl

Why does everyone keep calling me a closet atheist?

Honestly, I think it's because we all know you are one of the few christians that can take a little ribbing with good humor. There's not many like you, so we gotta take it all out on you!

Just visiting.

-SR
[+] 2 users Like Stark Raving's post
30-12-2011, 09:27 AM
(30-12-2011 09:15 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  
(30-12-2011 09:09 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Why does everyone keep calling me a closet atheist?

[Image: flying-spaghetti-monster-2.jpg]

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
[+] 3 users Like ddrew's post
30-12-2011, 09:29 AM
(30-12-2011 09:13 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(30-12-2011 09:07 AM)kineo Wrote:  You've got to be will to put up with a lot of blasphemy to stick around here as a Christian. We don't mind swearing in our arguments either. Blasphemy, and swearing- that's why, but probably mostly that blasphemy.

Plus I can't imagine anyone's ever been converted to Christianity on this site. Could be wrong though, it's not like anyone can track that.

Actually, as soon as you join the site, we track you down and monitor your activities (feel that tiny bump behind your left knee? GPS tracking device we put there while you slept) We monitor all your activities both on and off the computer, who you associate with, and whether you use regular gas or that premium, high octane stuff.

Turns out the only one who became a christian was Trainwreck, and we were never quite sure about him to begin with.

I knew I kicked something on the floor in the dark when I was getting a late night drink of water last night. You've got to keep your robot cams hidden better. When I turned the lights on there was nothing there. I feel sorry for whoever has to watch that footage. Confused

Godzilla Kitten, Directed by J.J. Abrams
[Image: Kineoprojectfinished3_zps79916ea4.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes kineo's post
30-12-2011, 09:35 AM
(30-12-2011 09:27 AM)ddrew Wrote:  
(30-12-2011 09:15 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  
(30-12-2011 09:09 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Why does everyone keep calling me a closet atheist?

[Image: flying-spaghetti-monster-2.jpg]

I touch someone with my noodly appendage and I get slapped. FSM does it and it's a religion. Sad

KC, you have more than one closet to come out of. We just figure it would be good practice to come out of the atheist closet first.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 4 users Like Erxomai's post
31-12-2011, 03:20 AM
(30-12-2011 08:51 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  My take is that the only christians that stick around are actually closet atheists. Wink

Nah, that ain't my read. The theists that stick around realize that we are all equally metaphysically ignorant.

Breathing - it's more art than science.
31-12-2011, 02:45 PM (This post was last modified: 31-12-2011 02:47 PM by Chas.)
(30-12-2011 09:01 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Love it...I don't have any stanzas to add, I just marvel that this used to be considered the evil "Rock and Roll." Smile

No, not Rock and Roll. This was the evil Commie-pinko folk music.

You know that blasphemy is in the eye (or ear) of the beholder.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
31-12-2011, 03:58 PM (This post was last modified: 31-12-2011 05:45 PM by kim.)
(31-12-2011 02:45 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(30-12-2011 09:01 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Love it...I don't have any stanzas to add, I just marvel that this used to be considered the evil "Rock and Roll." Smile

No, not Rock and Roll. This was the evil Commie-pinko folk music.

Oh, I miss Commie-pinko folk music...
Shy I tend to look upon my gateway drugs with a certain nostalgia.
______

I think many Christ-ys come here just to have their say and leave, thinking they've done their bit to spread the word. I often wonder if they are ever asked about their face-off with non-theists, and what their reaction is.

Before I came to this forum, I could only say that there is no reasoning with a person of faith; they have their faith and everything is filtered through it. I can still say that to a certain extent but, I have discovered a few distinctions among theists, just as there are distinctions amongst non-theists. Those distinctions might seem incremental, but for some they could provide understanding toward the difference between hatred and tolerance. For that very reason, such interaction is paramount; if hatred can be brought to the center, exposed and replaced with tolerance at the very least... it helps to let me know that we haven't quite run out of good ideas on this planet. Shy
_______

Kingschosen, belief is subjective and labels depend on perspective.
For many an atheist who has travelled from believer to nonbeliever, you are currently the other side of their coin. They see a familiar pattern in the flow of your ideas which they've witnessed in themselves -you just haven't turned over your coin, yet.
Angel I'm pretty much a lifelong non-theist and also feel you could be the other side of my coin; I don't have the experience of turning that coin myself, so I doubt you will favor that experience either.

Hmm... heads or tails, Kingsy? Wink

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
31-12-2011, 04:05 PM
Problem with this forum is there are too many damn hippies with their commie hippie music and gateway drugs. No wonder the Christians don't stick around!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post