Seriously??

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-03-2011, 08:50 PM
RE: Seriously??
(17-03-2011 08:44 PM)13mentaculus Wrote:  
(17-03-2011 06:14 PM)trillium13 Wrote:  Seriously? This is ok with people? I don't get it.

Did she use one of her personal, vacation, or sick days?

I really don't know. We're not particularly structured, so people can take time off without using their time if they don't want to. Any other place I've worked, you have to take all of your paid time before you can take any unpaid.

I do know that it left us shorthanded, for what I felt was not a totally valid reason. But it's not up to me at all. Just wondered what others would think. Wink

My reason for being is to serve as a cat cushion. That is good enough for me. Wink
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-03-2011, 08:56 PM
(17-03-2011 08:50 PM)trillium13 Wrote:  I do know that it left us shorthanded, for what I felt was not a totally valid reason. But it's not up to me at all. Just wondered what others would think. Wink

Ah, yes. I would have been pissed off for that reason too.

Even in the structured workplace, if you're working within a small group where every person matters from day to day, then you try to structure your discretionary (vacation, personal) time off to not dick over your co-workers.

She had a shitty reason, but hey, you still had time for at least one forum post! Cool
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-03-2011, 09:01 PM
(17-03-2011 08:56 PM)13mentaculus Wrote:  She had a shitty reason, but hey, you still had time for at least one forum post! Cool

Lol, I was at home on my lunch break. Wink

And yes, we do have a very small staff, so even missing one person can make a huge difference. We already had one other person out today, so this made two.

My reason for being is to serve as a cat cushion. That is good enough for me. Wink
17-03-2011, 10:41 PM
Perhaps the woman gave the man a stern lecture on being irresponsible you never know. He may have called and told her he has bible study and she better hurry home. A lot of men are still of the mind that women's personal activities are not as important as their wants. Especially literal Christians.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
18-03-2011, 01:52 AM
Well if you leave a kid alone to go to bible study - that's wrong.
If you make your wife leave work because you have bible study - that's wrong.
If you leave work for bible study - that;s wrong.

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
18-03-2011, 05:43 PM
Intellegent priorities would put the kid and the wifes job above bible studies. He could always miss a class of bullshit for his kids and wife.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
18-03-2011, 07:32 PM
How about if it gives you a 4 day weekend instead of 3? Wink

19-03-2011, 02:42 AM
(18-03-2011 07:32 PM)trillium13 Wrote:  How about if it gives you a 4 day weekend instead of 3? Wink

If the wife wants to use it to gain a four day weekend that is fine, as long as it is her choice. But that is not what the OP seems to say.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
20-03-2011, 08:43 PM
(19-03-2011 02:42 AM)No J. Wrote:  
(18-03-2011 07:32 PM)trillium13 Wrote:  How about if it gives you a 4 day weekend instead of 3? Wink

If the wife wants to use it to gain a four day weekend that is fine, as long as it is her choice. But that is not what the OP seems to say.

I am the OP. Wink

I think the whole thing is messed up. I'm actually a little surprised that some folks are ok with this, but I guess we don't all think the same all the time.

20-03-2011, 09:05 PM
What one does with their personal time is just that, their personal time.

If it was a government employee that didn't use vacation or sick time, I'd take more issue with it- as it'd be a waste of taxpayer dollars.

Be polite.
Be efficient.
Have a plan to kill everyone you meet.