Server Move

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-12-2013, 12:46 AM
RE: Server Move
(19-12-2013 08:48 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  There seems to be some kind of several-minute block between posts. Is this an oversight?

Nope, I modified the website code for you. It will give you time to think about what you write and perhaps go back to modify and add to a previous post. Thumbsup

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like DeepThought's post
20-12-2013, 01:07 AM
To echo Cheap's comment, I would like to show my appreciation too, Deep.

I was so bored this morning and with nothing more distracting to do, I actually did some preparation for an interview today. I've never done that before and it was a revealing experience.

The interviewer genuinely believed that I knew what I was talking about.

Thanks Deep. Keep up the good work.

[+] 7 users Like DLJ's post
20-12-2013, 08:52 AM
(19-12-2013 08:48 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  There seems to be some kind of several-minute block between posts. Is this an oversight?

It's a favor to you - you've been warned about the multiple posts in a row in threads, and this will help keep you from the consequences of ignoring warnings. I hope it works for you, you still have to do your part.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
20-12-2013, 03:44 PM
Meh. Sux. Angel

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-12-2013, 03:28 AM
Sorry about the outages over the last day or so. I got a chance to confirm my suspicions and it was what I thought it was - lack of server ram. In response I've resized the VM and It has enough reserve capacity. Almost double what it needs which gives decent wiggle room.

I'm adding monitoring to the server and I'll have it email alerts to myself and Dark Light who has stepped up and offered to help me maintain the server.

Thanks DL for helping out! Thumbsup

[+] 5 users Like DeepThought's post
21-12-2013, 03:37 AM
Thanks for all your effort and thanks for the latest info.

I don't know what language your were using in the message above but it sounds like you know what you are doing.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
21-12-2013, 06:36 AM
Yeah, OK... but if it keeps happening, you're gonna get straightened out. Angel

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-12-2013, 09:50 AM
(21-12-2013 03:28 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  Sorry about the outages over the last day or so. I got a chance to confirm my suspicions and it was what I thought it was - lack of server ram. In response I've resized the VM and It has enough reserve capacity. Almost double what it needs which gives decent wiggle room.

I'm adding monitoring to the server and I'll have it email alerts to myself and Dark Light who has stepped up and offered to help me maintain the server.

I do not envy your burden. Thanks for your time and efforts on this.

You guys rock!

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
21-12-2013, 09:55 AM
(21-12-2013 03:28 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  Sorry about the outages over the last day or so. I got a chance to confirm my suspicions and it was what I thought it was - lack of server ram. In response I've resized the VM and It has enough reserve capacity. Almost double what it needs which gives decent wiggle room.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 1 user Likes cheapthrillseaker's post
21-12-2013, 05:53 PM
Now that I'm more comfortable with the server, I'll be turning on tapatalk tomorrow after a small update.

[+] 1 user Likes DeepThought's post