Set Theory

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-12-2011, 03:33 PM
RE: Set Theory
Even primitive man was subject to the basic principles of gravity and physics. They simply did not know how to explain these phenomena. The biblical passages that HOC is bringing up plus the poem indicate that man has long recognized the natural patterns that are the result of physics but they had no way of explaining them in ways other than in human terms. This is why objects like the moon and the sun and forces like gravity have been assigned human characteristics. They are assigned human characteristics so that we can discuss them and explain them and protect ourselves from insanity. The insanity being induced by an inability to cope with things we can't explain.

Or at least that is the message I got.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
02-12-2011, 03:38 PM (This post was last modified: 02-12-2011 03:39 PM by Erxomai.)
(02-12-2011 03:10 PM)k37713 Wrote:  Sooo.. A jew, a priest, and an Irish man walk into the bar and the bartender says..

"what is this.. a joke?"

Two men walked into a bar.

The third man ducked.
(02-12-2011 03:33 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Or at least that is the message I got.

I liked the pretty pictures.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
02-12-2011, 03:41 PM
(02-12-2011 03:33 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Even primitive man was subject to the basic principles of gravity and physics. They simply did not know how to explain these phenomena. The biblical passages that HOC is bringing up plus the poem indicate that man has long recognized the natural patterns that are the result of physics but they had no way of explaining them in ways other than in human terms. This is why objects like the moon and the sun and forces like gravity have been assigned human characteristics. They are assigned human characteristics so that we can discuss them and explain them and protect ourselves from insanity. The insanity being induced by an inability to cope with things we can't explain.

You got that out of the OP?

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
02-12-2011, 03:41 PM (This post was last modified: 02-12-2011 03:44 PM by houseofcantor.)
(02-12-2011 03:09 PM)germanyt Wrote:  I'd hardly relate anything thought by primitave man to physics. Where did your post say anything about gravity? Or the Moon? Or the Sun?

Frame by frame: I. Remember. Wink

The original trinity, pictured thusly. The primordial ellen (philosopher) looks to the sun. Feels the heat. Looks to the moon. Feels her body respond. From the structure of these three - the immortal gods. the ellen (human). the sun (positive celestial). the moon (negative celestial).

Physics? ellen is biology, a subset of physics. sun and moon are astrophysics; sun is also thermodynamics and chemistry, moon is also gravitation and psychology. Did I miss anything? Wink
(02-12-2011 03:33 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Even primitive man was subject to the basic principles of gravity and physics. They simply did not know how to explain these phenomena. The biblical passages that HOC is bringing up plus the poem indicate that man has long recognized the natural patterns that are the result of physics but they had no way of explaining them in ways other than in human terms. This is why objects like the moon and the sun and forces like gravity have been assigned human characteristics. They are assigned human characteristics so that we can discuss them and explain them and protect ourselves from insanity. The insanity being induced by an inability to cope with things we can't explain.

Easy peasy. Primitive does not mean stupid. Stupid would be to overlook the reality of god, and thus repeat the past. Wink

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
02-12-2011, 03:45 PM (This post was last modified: 02-12-2011 03:48 PM by germanyt.)
(02-12-2011 03:41 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(02-12-2011 03:09 PM)germanyt Wrote:  I'd hardly relate anything thought by primitave man to physics. Where did your post say anything about gravity? Or the Moon? Or the Sun?

Frame by frame: I. Remember. Wink

The original trinity, pictured thusly. The primordial ellen (philosopher) looks to the sun. Feels the heat. Looks to the moon. Feels her body respond. From the structure of these three - the immortal gods. the ellen (human). the sun (positive celestial). the moon (negative celestial).

Physics? ellen is biology, a subset of physics. sun and moon are astrophysics; sun is also thermodynamics and chemistry, moon is also gravitation and psychology. Did I miss anything? Wink

I missed something. Your point.
(02-12-2011 03:41 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Easy peasy. Primitive does not mean stupid. Stupid would be to overlook the reality of god, and thus repeat the past. Wink

Or course not. We are far less intelligent than those 100 years from now will be and we aren't stupid. I'm just trying to understand what you are trying to point out.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
02-12-2011, 03:50 PM
(02-12-2011 03:09 PM)Zatamon Wrote:  
(02-12-2011 02:35 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  We are Chaos, emerging into Order.

How about the Entropy Law and the "Heat death of the Universe"?

You mentioned Physics so I thought I would ask?

Of course, you may be talking locally, in which case you could be right. Huh

These two celestial bodies, dual-state identity; not coincidence but evolution. The other identity of entropy is Shannon information. Meaning we got thirty billion years to improve upon the work of Max Planck and immortalize all. We can do it. Wink

02-12-2011, 03:52 PM (This post was last modified: 02-12-2011 03:56 PM by germanyt.)
I've seen sigs referencing HoCs posts. I've read the OP like 15 times. Bible, 1st page. Got it. The rest, well, seems like nonsense. A very poor phylisophical attempt to make the sun and moon out to be something more than it is. More romantic maybe? I'm not sure. But def nothing regarding physics directly or indirectly.

A better expression of physics that actually uses logic without prior understanding would be Newton.

-Mark Twain
02-12-2011, 03:57 PM
(02-12-2011 03:45 PM)germanyt Wrote:  I missed something. Your point.
No. What occurred is this. You processed the information I presented, found it to be without value, and passed moral judgement.

That is your prerogative. So, too, being snippy about it. Wink

Know that before anything is written, first; I remember. Before anything is taught, first; I remember. The first two lines of the OP encode 13.7 billion years - Set Theory - thinking as god.

02-12-2011, 04:11 PM
(02-12-2011 03:57 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(02-12-2011 03:45 PM)germanyt Wrote:  I missed something. Your point.
No. What occurred is this. You processed the information I presented, found it to be without value, and passed moral judgement.

That is your prerogative. So, too, being snippy about it. Wink

Know that before anything is written, first; I remember. Before anything is taught, first; I remember. The first two lines of the OP encode 13.7 billion years - Set Theory - thinking as god.

Just read about set theory on Wiki. I suppose your username is derived from the originator. A numerologist who came up with a number theory that it seems, isn't even accepted.

You're not talking about math or physics. Unless it's just completely over my head (which doesn't usually happen given the topic) you seem to be just jumbling things together and claiming an understanding of it. When really it's just gibberish.

If you copied and pasted this from somewhere can you post the link to the source?

-Mark Twain
02-12-2011, 04:47 PM
I was misled by the title of your post. Did you know Set Theory is an actual thing, the basis of Set-Builder Notation? No?

Leave it to the mathematician to bore everyone at the party.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.