Set Theory

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-12-2011, 06:23 PM
RE: Set Theory
Alright, you two; up off the Cantor. Big Grin

Note the heading. Theism (cause it sure aint atheism now, is it? Wink ). Therefore your criticisms are moral, and applied to an inchoate theology. All three of us, I'm thinking, are atheists; and we all did our jobs. Wink

Now, from my perspective, I'm doing science; this particular hypothesis is "insurance against paranormal event" which may or may not develop into a more formal philosophy should the need arise. Bearded Dude, however, provided a measure of independent conformation. Far as I'm concerned, that's an "out of the park with the first swing." So there's nothing here I need to defend, there's nothing here you need to attack; the horse is not only dead and buried but already recycled back into the ecology.

What happens to the thread from here on in is for TTA to decide in its whim and whimsy. We can all just back away and deny it ever happened. Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-12-2011, 06:49 PM
(02-12-2011 06:23 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Alright, you two; up off the Cantor. Big Grin

Something tells me this is not the first time you've uttered this phrase. Tongue

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
05-12-2011, 12:36 AM
(02-12-2011 04:47 PM)Starcrash Wrote:  I was misled by the title of your post. Did you know Set Theory is an actual thing, the basis of Set-Builder Notation? No?

Leave it to the mathematician to bore everyone at the party.

Did you not see my avatar?

(that dang Gwynnies - takes me a coupla days to get offended. I hafta conclude the other guy just ain't smart enough to figure it out Tongue)

I was walking over my buddy's house just now processing some 'random' when I decided if science cannot figure it out and I do, the TOE will be called "Set Theory." I am 4 has another connotation in that where genius, insanity, and creativity meet, there I am. Tongue

05-12-2011, 10:29 AM

(02-12-2011 02:35 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(02-12-2011 02:25 PM)germanyt Wrote:  Ummmm... I'm not sure what the hell you are talking about.

The tolling of the iron bell, calling the faithful to their knees... do you not remember? Wink

A man that quotes WATERS (floyd) is legendary in my book!
Totally off topic, but i have to brag. Just got my seat confirmation to Rogers performance of "The Wall" in Nashvegas. This will be my second time seeing Sir Waters perform The Wall.
He IS the closest thing to a god on this planet!

D
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Denicio's post
05-12-2011, 10:34 AM
...well, after Gwyneth maybe; but he's definitely up there. one of the few positive influences in the pre-Gwynnies era, the Architectural Abdabs and their derivative chaos. Wink

05-12-2011, 10:35 AM

I think that this may have been, the ONLY TIME that I HAVEN'T understood you. :|
I'm disappointed in myself.
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes calmyourtitsbro's post
05-12-2011, 10:42 AM
(05-12-2011 10:35 AM)calmyourtitsbro Wrote:  I think that this may have been, the ONLY TIME that I HAVEN'T understood you. :|
I'm disappointed in myself.

You read this from the beginning and didn't get it? That looks like another plus from over here - because I know you - so it ain't my "confusing style," it's the density and the breadth of the information.

The hidden element in this presentation is the eternal now; being young is a serious hindrance to that concept.

[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
05-12-2011, 10:43 AM
(05-12-2011 10:42 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  The hidden element in this presentation is the eternal now; being young is a serious hindrance to that concept.

Thank you for affirming that I'm not as old as I feel!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
05-12-2011, 10:52 AM
(05-12-2011 10:43 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(05-12-2011 10:42 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  The hidden element in this presentation is the eternal now; being young is a serious hindrance to that concept.

Thank you for affirming that I'm not as old as I feel!

You don't do eternal now? The problem with being me, of course; is me. That plus assumption tends to simulate hammers and nails. No wonder why you didn't get the craziness with Erwin and my Gwynnies. My bad.

You know what they say about "end times?" Time is gonna take a hit. There never was any science to verify an extant future. Next Monday, the crowd at CERN may pronounce SUSY DOA. That's going to leave a lot of big brains with zero workable theory about "future;" and there ain't no brain that works in a vacuum.

Start thinking about the now, is my advice. Wink

[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
03-04-2013, 09:53 AM
(Imma go resurrect this thread, now.)

The point being, the sun, the moon, the earth; three "gods" that affect daily life.