Seth Andrews: The Ultimate Question

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-07-2014, 11:02 PM
Seth Andrews: The Ultimate Question

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Hughsie's post
12-07-2014, 01:28 PM
RE: Seth Andrews: The Ultimate Question
(11-07-2014 11:02 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  

Beautiful piece at the end.

Just because YOU believe in fairies doesn't mean anybody else should.
12-07-2014, 03:06 PM
Great speech - do we know what the plan is for the next few podcasts?

"Name me a moral statement made or moral action performed that could not have been made or done, by a non-believer..." - Christopher Hitchens

My youtube musings: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfFoxbz...UVi1pf4B5g
[+] 1 user Likes CiderThinker's post
24-12-2014, 12:29 AM (This post was last modified: 24-12-2014 12:36 AM by Gordon.)
I watched eighteen minutes of it. Just memes and bashing. If there's more, and I didn't wait it out long enough, I apologize, but this is the first video I've seen of Seth Andrews, in fact the first recording I've ever heard, and I thought there would be more than atheist demagoguery. I guess I'm used to watching debates with the late Christopher Hitchens, and I got spoiled on them.

He's very judgmental, and he uses a conventional (dare I say Christian) based morality with which to judge. He's against the ill-gotten wealth of televangelists and the indoctrination of the innocent with lies, but I have to ask why are these actions wrong? I mean if there's no God, and we're really just organisms responding to internal and external stimulation of our central nervous system, and if there's no life after death anyway--a death which we're all racing toward--why does it matter who gets rich off of whom or who controls whoever?

If I were to put up a meme of a "weapons grade facepalm" atheist saying, it would be the one that goes: "If you need a God to be good then you're not!" Well, okay, I'm not. And now with that behind us, from an atheist perspective, I'm asking Mr. Andrews why I should do the right thing? Why, for instance, would it be wrong for me to manipulate money through the use of fear and superstition from weaker minds in order to make myself richer and more comfortable?

It's just a question. [Image: nixweiss.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-12-2014, 12:39 AM
(24-12-2014 12:29 AM)Gordon Wrote:  ....... Wrote a tired old trope that's been widely answered many times previously on the boards (As well as possibly being directly pointed out to said poster)........Blah, blah, blah.

It's just a question.

Your question is, at best, a poor one.

At worst? A simple attempt at trying to garner some sort of 'Knee jerk' reaction.

Much cheers to all.
24-12-2014, 05:44 AM
I already know the answer to the ultimate question is 42, but I'll watch it anyway.

Smartass

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
24-12-2014, 06:55 AM
(24-12-2014 05:44 AM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  I already know the answer to the ultimate question is 42, but I'll watch it anyway.

Smartass

...and Seth doesn't disappoint! Thumbsup

[Image: Seth_42_zps18380a21.png]

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson