Poll: Do you agree?
Yes, he's right, Obama just sat comfortably in the white house
No, I disagree, the Commander-in-chief is an integral part of the military
Other, please elaborate
[Show Results]

Seth Andrews on Facebook - Do you agree?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-08-2012, 01:20 PM
RE: Seth Andrews on Facebook - Do you agree?
(22-08-2012 01:18 PM)tnt4philly Wrote:  Maybe you all forgot that the POTUS made the statement to business owners that they did not build the companies that they own.

Did you watch the next part of that speech after he said that? Have you been watching FOX news?

[Image: opforum1.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-08-2012, 01:21 PM
(22-08-2012 05:20 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  The president is the Commander n Stuff, isn't he? God, Ben Smith, if that's your real name Dodgy, you need to be less ignorant.

I am pretty sure that this former SEAL knows that the POTUS is the CIC during war time, but that was not his point.
22-08-2012, 01:24 PM (This post was last modified: 22-08-2012 01:31 PM by tnt4philly.)
(22-08-2012 01:20 PM)frankiej Wrote:  
(22-08-2012 01:18 PM)tnt4philly Wrote:  Maybe you all forgot that the POTUS made the statement to business owners that they did not build the companies that they own.

Did you watch the next part of that speech after he said that? Have you been watching FOX news?

I do not watch any news but that really has no bearing on this.
23-08-2012, 08:27 PM
(22-08-2012 01:24 PM)tnt4philly Wrote:  
(22-08-2012 01:20 PM)frankiej Wrote:  Did you watch the next part of that speech after he said that? Have you been watching FOX news?

I do not watch any news but that really has no bearing on this.

It does greatly because it wasn't what the President said, except in the clips put out on FoxNews/Romney ads. What he was saying was the businesses did not build the roads/bridges, structure, and services; The government did. Also that those people were all helped along the way as well, whether by a teacher, family member, mentor, etc.

It's cherry picking to make an argument and this is the same type of thing.

Sure Obama in his speech said, I gave the order and I focused attention to getting Osama right away taking office.. All which he did. Yet the first thing in his speech announcing the event was saying, I can report the United States preformed and execution to kill Osama.. or however it was phrased exactly. And commended the troops and services as making impact.

Idk why the Seal feels this was some glory hogging by the President. I don't know anyone who came up with that idea or felt that way before, and plenty of my co-workers and family are conservative and liked to talk about it last summer.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson