Seth aced my Turing test!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-08-2015, 01:39 AM
RE: Seth aced my Turing test!
Welcome to the dark side. We haz cookies. Smile

Excellent intro, very creative. Thumbsup

But since you are "Voyager", shouldn't that be your "touring test"? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
22-08-2015, 03:23 AM
(21-08-2015 09:39 PM)Voyager Wrote:  
(21-08-2015 09:12 PM)Banjo Wrote:  By the way, which god do you believe in? Thor, Zeus? Aphrodite???? Thors's been in loads of movies lately.

I believe in me - God is love. Love is blind. I am blind. Therefore, I am God.

I was hoping it'd be Thor. Sad

Or Janeway. But she's dead now... Sad

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
22-08-2015, 04:53 AM
(21-08-2015 08:30 PM)Voyager Wrote:  Hi, y'all,

So this past Saturday Seth Andrews was in town and I got to meet him.

I'd been under the impression that atheists were soulless automatons. Either that, or they were furious at intact people like myself because we weren't suffering from that "God-shaped hole" in our hearts. Y'all know the one, right?

His podcasts sounded as though they were produced by an actual thinking and feeling human being, but I had to know for sure. Those recordings could have been heavily edited. Besides, the event was being held in a church. I had to know if Seth would be struck by lightning, or the stained glass cross would spontaneously shatter and the shards would turn him into a bloody mess.

After observing the way he interacted with people, I concluded that he passed my test. The guy sitting behind me was also talking about an atheist organization that feeds the homeless. Why would heartless machines bother with that? I hear they're especially merciless if you try to program them in C.

Seriously, I'd been taught as a Christian to associate the word "atheist" with horrible things. People like Seth have helped me overcome my irrational fear. Now I seem to have become the thing I feared.

We're not heartless automatons; we're a dominant force cult from a galaxy far far away. We are pleased you have embraced the darkness

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
22-08-2015, 04:55 AM
Welcome and congrats on your deconversion! Ah science, it's funny how little things like facts can help to dispel a whole bunch of fiction.

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Octapulse's post
22-08-2015, 07:59 PM
(21-08-2015 08:30 PM)Voyager Wrote:  God-shaped hole

Heh. That's very cute! Christians have the cutest phrases.

Welcome! We'll be newbies together
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
24-08-2015, 06:35 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome, y'all. I'm glad to hear that I would have been welcomed had I joined this site as a Christian, too.

It still feels strange to say this, but I'm happy to be here.

Am I human? You decide.
[+] 1 user Likes Voyager's post
24-08-2015, 06:49 PM
(21-08-2015 09:39 PM)Voyager Wrote:  
(21-08-2015 09:12 PM)Banjo Wrote:  By the way, which god do you believe in? Thor, Zeus? Aphrodite???? Thors's been in loads of movies lately.

I believe in me - God is love. Love is blind. I am blind. Therefore, I am God.

Sounds like you and girlyman will get along well.

Welcome!!

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta