Seth's FB Post

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-11-2013, 06:04 PM
RE: Seth's FB Post
(26-11-2013 02:46 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Is there a link? 'Cause I didn't see it.

And! If there has been no contact, why is everybody so sure the A2 sitch wasn't a bit of trolling? Consider

Of course he was trolling.

Or direct contact.

Obviously he can't come back here as a new user because he would immediately have to be banned as a sock puppet.

Fuck da laws!

Big Grin

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
26-11-2013, 06:27 PM
It seemed Seth's response was restrained anger, not his calmer diplomatic moments.

But i cant see anything getting through to a fundie. With the crap people post on any forum, A2's oppressor will be able to justify anything she wants.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
26-11-2013, 09:12 PM
He makes a very good point. If you feel so threatened by someone engaging in thought and figuring out who they are, then your religion and your god is more weak than a 100 year old grandma with arthritis and a walker.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
26-11-2013, 10:59 PM
I have a question. A2 is 16-17, right? why doesn't the father just file for custody? A2 would get the choice given his age. He wouldn't have to live with his uh, mother.
26-11-2013, 11:12 PM
Sometimes these things are way more complicated than they seem to be at face value. Your relationships with those close to you are often the only real things you can count on. Especially at a young age. But we've all been there, and we all know that the present is no empirical indicator of the future.

I'm sure he will find his own way.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
26-11-2013, 11:12 PM (This post was last modified: 26-11-2013 11:16 PM by EvolutionKills.)
(26-11-2013 10:59 PM)slydog Wrote:  I have a question. A2 is 16-17, right? why doesn't the father just file for custody? A2 would get the choice given his age. He wouldn't have to live with his uh, mother.

It's not that easy. The circumstances are different.

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
26-11-2013, 11:22 PM
(26-11-2013 10:59 PM)slydog Wrote:  I have a question. A2 is 16-17, right? why doesn't the father just file for custody? A2 would get the choice given his age. He wouldn't have to live with his uh, mother.

It's just not that easy. Wish it were....

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
26-11-2013, 11:23 PM
(26-11-2013 11:12 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  

posted the same thing before reading EK's post. True dat, EK.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
26-11-2013, 11:57 PM
(26-11-2013 11:12 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  

Quite so.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
27-11-2013, 12:10 AM
Popcorn