Seth's Note

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-01-2013, 10:58 PM
RE: Seth's Note
(04-01-2013 04:26 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  Just saw a not posted by Set Andrews on Facebook. I don't know who this was, but apparently someone here or someone on TTA FB page who de-converted from Christianity, was finally rejected by his church and called 'devil'.

He responded by hanging himself.

My condolences go out to his family for their loss.

If any of you know who the offending parties are, be sure to send them a thank you present for their vileness.

I saw that on fb and it just made me sad -- but last I heard he hadn't died, he was in coma or suffered brain damage or something. But they (the people who shunned him) won't shoulder any of that blame; they'll just say he was disturbed already and they'll pray that he has a conversion -- if he hasn't died.

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-01-2013, 11:00 PM
(04-01-2013 05:54 PM)Red Tornado Wrote:  
(04-01-2013 05:50 PM)Dom Wrote:  Yes. That. Seth says it beautifully.
He does. It also makes me ponder if he meant some other TTA community however. Sad
Probably the one on Facebook.

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

05-01-2013, 12:05 AM
(04-01-2013 05:36 PM)Red Tornado Wrote:  = ( Heart breaking.

Here is the full note, if some people don't want to go on FB to find it.

Thanks for posting this (for none FB users). Cheers.

I feel like we should do a roll-call or something (has anyone seen Ato recently? Shit! This is horrible!).

Permanent brain damage is in a way actually worse than the finality of suicide. The family will suffer from this.

An altogether horrible situation.

Very sad.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
05-01-2013, 01:00 AM
An unnecessary tragedy Sad

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
05-01-2013, 01:52 AM
(04-01-2013 06:16 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I sure hope it wasn't someone here that asked for help, directly or indirectly, and got ignored or had their feelings minimized. CRAP!
I feel like this religious bigotry is disgusting, and I hope that our community has done a good job being there for that person.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
05-01-2013, 03:03 AM
(05-01-2013 12:05 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(04-01-2013 05:36 PM)Red Tornado Wrote:  = ( Heart breaking.

Here is the full note, if some people don't want to go on FB to find it.

Thanks for posting this (for none FB users). Cheers.

I feel like we should do a roll-call or something (has anyone seen Ato recently? Shit! This is horrible!).

Permanent brain damage is in a way actually worse than the finality of suicide. The family will suffer from this.

Very sad.
I had the same thought. Sadcryface

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
05-01-2013, 03:06 AM
(05-01-2013 03:03 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(05-01-2013 12:05 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Thanks for posting this (for none FB users). Cheers.

Very sad.
I had the same thought. Sadcryface

It's ok. He's online now.

05-01-2013, 03:11 AM
Hmmm, nice note from the poor guy's mother to Seth. Maybe I take back a bit of what I said when I assumed his family sided with the church - I really can't imagine any external pressure I cannot endure as long as my family is with me. This poor guy had his mother's support and still couldn't deal with the external abuse; it must have been awful indeed.

You, uh, don't suppose it was the guy who got banned here recently?

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
05-01-2013, 07:06 AM
(05-01-2013 03:11 AM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  Hmmm, nice note from the poor guy's mother to Seth. Maybe I take back a bit of what I said when I assumed his family sided with the church - I really can't imagine any external pressure I cannot endure as long as my family is with me. This poor guy had his mother's support and still couldn't deal with the external abuse; it must have been awful indeed.

FZUMedia? I don't think so, he rarely went outside.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
07-01-2013, 09:57 PM
(05-01-2013 03:11 AM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  Hmmm, nice note from the poor guy's mother to Seth. Maybe I take back a bit of what I said when I assumed his family sided with the church - I really can't imagine any external pressure I cannot endure as long as my family is with me. This poor guy had his mother's support and still couldn't deal with the external abuse; it must have been awful indeed.

No, it isn't. He recently tweeted under one of his names. So it wasn't the recent ban-ee. Recent as in 1/5/13.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF