Seth's Note

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-01-2013, 12:28 AM

RE: Seth's Note
Assuming this story is even true (Believe me, you can't trust anything on the internet. Even if you believe Seth, Seth may have been lied to.), blame God.

No one lives except God wills it; and no one dies except God ordains it. He gives life, and then He takes it. But apparently, this one didn't quite finish the job--or rather God chose to fuck with him a bit more before he dies.

Now, y'all out lookin for some religious blood. But let me tell you this--someone in here is responsible. Someone in here gave this guy the courage to "come out." What the fuck do you think his Christian peers are going to do? Respect his atheism? The did exactly what they were designed to do. It was someone in here who is to blame.

I guarantee you; I never tell atheists to come out of the closet. So don't come blaming me.

My opinion? It's a load of shit engineered by an atheist. Ever see, "The Life of David Gale?"
Quote this message in a reply
08-01-2013, 12:42 AM
Yeah, we don't tell them to come out as an atheist either. Most of us generally tell them to do what they think is right, come out when they want to and why they want to and nothing else, and especially only come out when they are fairly certain that doing so wouldn't cause more harm than good. I know, I'm an atheist, so you think I'm lying to you, but it's easy enough to search this forum and see what we say. Or course, that would mean possibly revising your awkward delusion a little bit.

On the other hand, you would advise the guy to live a lie for his whole life.

Oh, wait, never mind - living a lie is not such a foreign concept to you now, is it?

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Aseptic Skeptic's post
08-01-2013, 03:18 PM
My finding this note on facebook is special to me. Today is not the day for that story....but never doubt that Seth is doing a good thing by providing this community. Shy

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
08-01-2013, 03:31 PM
While I won't presume to know exactly why this person decided to do that. The only thing I can speak to is perhaps this individual had more issues aside from being shunned. It's just sad.

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...