Seth vs his old boss

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-07-2013, 11:04 AM
RE: Seth vs his old boss
Haven't listened yet, but from the postings here it looks like Seth could do an Xian version of Office Space with this guy as Bill Lumbergh...yyeeaahhh. Sadcryface
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Atheist_pilgrim's post
18-07-2013, 11:09 AM
That podcast was painful to listen to. I agree with the suggestion of having him back on the show and having either Aron Ra or Sam Harris reduce Seth's old boss to a quivering lump of useless apologetics.
[+] 2 users Like Trapped Pentecostal's post
18-07-2013, 12:23 PM
I find it amusing that the guest was surprised and found it odd that Seth would have an issue or two with Christianity and the bible considering the show is call "The Thinking Atheist" and David came on for the purpose of having this specific conversation.

It's a typical Christian tactic to attack a non-believer’s non-belief, and when the non-believer explains themselves the Christian then claims that they are being attacked. Also it is true that Seth brought up points that questioned the David’s belief, but David is the one who called up Seth and asked to go on his show in the first place. You can't be surprised that a show called "The Thinking Atheist" is going to question your Christian beliefs or your precious bible. You asked to go on the effing show, you can't be upset about it!

[+] 1 user Likes Raptor Jesus's post
18-07-2013, 12:26 PM
I knew the quest was going to be disingenuous and full of shit from the moment Seth asked, "You must wonder what happened to me that now I'm an Atheist" (paraphrasing) and David’s response was, "No, not really" (paraphrasing).

18-07-2013, 09:48 PM
Its seth's show and david was not alowing seth to speak! WTF?
And to say he was the boss at a radio station...
Shame on david

KC IS A LIAR!!!! HE PROMISED ME VANILLA CAKES AND GAVE ME STRAWBERRY CAKE Weeping
[+] 1 user Likes Lightvader's post
19-07-2013, 07:22 AM
Among the long list of fallacies david made, one of the biggest and ugliest lies he told was that asking christ into your life will dilute depression.

One of my most depressive times was when i was a christian and the amount of times i asked god to help me are uncountable. What a load of BS.

I hope david wakes up from his deep slumber soon, there is so much to discover and be awed by without the cloud of religion hanging over your mind.
[+] 3 users Like itchy8me's post
20-07-2013, 08:21 PM
I was really disappointed that Seth let him ramble on so much. He would often talk for so long that the original question put to him or point challenged was forgotten and never addressed.

Every time he said "look Seth, here's the reality", I had to stop the podcast for a few minutes.

The tactic of avoiding discussing the Bible was incredibly dishonest. You could be a deist or even believe in some form of a theistic god without the Bible, but you can't meaningfully call yourself a Christian without believing at least some of what the Bible has to say. Since your belief system depends on that book, of course it's fair game to ask questions about it.

All in all a very frustrating conversation to listen to. Actually, that's to kind. It wasn't a conversation. This guest spent his time giving a sermon, and whenever Seth tried to inject a question or a comment, he was ignored, talked over, and the sermon continued.
21-07-2013, 09:10 AM
As I said in the other topic, it's frustrating when Christians play this game. I've often wondered what a theological conversation between Seth and me would be like.

The times we talk, the subject is never touched on.

If I'm good for anything, it's not dodging questions.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
21-07-2013, 12:56 PM
I was listening on a jog. Beautiful weather, just after rain air was fresh and sunset between trees in forest gave nice yellow light. Then painful podcast of someone dodging, defining and re-defining everything so vaguely that nothing could pin him down to a word. I had to stop listening, it was that painful, and I have listened Magic Sandwich Shows with Sye Ten/Eric and Samuel/Rolf Lampa. First time I had to stop listening TTA podcast. I did reach inner harmony after start thinking how much hydrogen sun is fusing into helium constantly to provide me great surrounding for jogging.

In that sense it was a successful podcast, because I had to just register to tell that it was really painful.
23-07-2013, 07:39 PM
The first portion of the Seth and his boss podcast made me want to scream. I wanted so much for Seth to give him a "Hitch Slap" - which I know he could have on several occasions. Then I truly started to listen to Seth's points as opposed to David's endless "I can't do anything for myself without Jesus because I am so unworthy," meanderings. I realized by Seth letting David go on and on and tendiously on, listeners would grow SKEPTICAL. Kudos to you Seth for emmence patience dealing with your old Boss. I didn't like his condescending accusations that you thought you were smarter than him. However, you sure came off as wiser. In the book I follow book, the book of reason, I would much rather have wisdon than intelligence any day. Sorry to jump in so late in the game. I get to listen to the podcasts after I down load them on the weekends.
[+] 1 user Likes RollerGirl's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Seth andrews: on a tangent Lightvader 2 348 03-12-2013 07:50 AM
Last Post: DLJ