Seth vs his old boss

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-08-2013, 07:42 AM
RE: Seth vs his old boss
This podcast is the one that finally drew me to the forum.

I went a little crazy listening to it. And I'm ok with that.

Seth did a great job.

Satan, come into my life.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-08-2013, 02:18 PM
I just got around to listening to this podcast today.

Pardon the expression, but...oh my god! Ohmy

It's truly painful for me to listen to. This guy was annoying from the get-go. I found him to be rude, condescending and defensive. He rarely let Seth respond and often spoke right over top of him.

I thought the podcast was almost over and then looked at my iPod to see I wasn't even halfway through! Not sure how much more I can take of this. Shocking

Listening to this guy blather on and on without any facts or with outright lies to back up his opinion is painful to listen to. I found myself talking out loud to my iPod hoping Seth would call him out on a few of those lies, but he just let the guy continue on with his inane babble.

‹« In Science I Trust »›
[+] 1 user Likes jinun's post
14-08-2013, 08:27 AM
My 15 year old daughter and I listened to this podcast last night. I only discovered TTA yesterday and have listened to three podcasts during my commute and dinner. Having come from a history of evangelicals (left in 2005 completely, although started doubting in 98). For me, it was wonderful to have my daughter listen to this. She is a sharp thinker by nature. We listened without comment. I have never forced her to think one thing or another (with the exception that I was still extricating myself from the church during her earliest years, so she had some early indoctrination). She commented, "you can't start a debate believing you are correct, or it's not a debate" and "You don't have to prove something doesn't exist." She said these things without me teaching her how to be a skeptic. It was a bright, wonderful moment to me, and I felt proud of what she has discovered. I apologized to her for early indoctrination, and she accepted my apology.

She now wants to listen live, and maybe to call in sometime. My husband and I (he is also a skeptic but former evangelical) discussed our opinions about whether or not debating with Christians ever does any good, and we reflected on our own de-conversion experiences and what did it for us. I came to the conclusion that it probably doesn't do any good for the Davids of the world, but it sure does good for people like me, my daughter, and anyone who wants to hear a genuine debate and see how these arguments, in the light of reason, do not hold any water. I think that if Seth had attacked David in the way that David deserved, it would have less impact on the questioning listeners. Calm and reasoned rebuttals with humor woven in do a great deal for a listener who is trying to decide if he/she believes anymore.
[+] 1 user Likes cbenham's post
18-08-2013, 01:29 PM
I only came across this one today.

The other party was merely barking recycled material throughout the entire podcast. You've got an unusual amount of patience, Seth.

My blog: http://nomereape.tumblr.com/
15-09-2013, 01:57 PM
That podcast convinced me to poke around the forum and see what yall were saying about it. Just got around to signing in because I wanted to go on record to say HOW PROUD I AM THAT SETH CAN KEEP HIS COOL AND MAKE ATHEISTS LOOK LIKE WELL MANNERED PEOPLE THAT YOU WANT TO BE AROUND.

Truly, I have met some nasty atheists who make it hard to call oneself an "atheist".

Seth isnt like that and after ploughing thru his archives, he is CONSISTENTLY NICE!

I am a closeted atheist for many reasons, and he has made me feel good about that and given me new energy to treat people better than I ever did as a "xtian", and try to convert folks to reason by using reason in all my interactions with Jebus soaked Christards. I can call them Christards HERE, because if I didnt have a place to vent, I would be in the nutter wing of the local hospital.

So thank you Seth. You are a Gentleman's Atheist. (and if its pumpkin pie that keeps you calm, then have some more whoopin' cream, and EAT UP!)
15-09-2013, 02:03 PM
Welcome hypatia! Can you tell us abit about yourself?

KC IS A LIAR!!!! HE PROMISED ME VANILLA CAKES AND GAVE ME STRAWBERRY CAKE Weeping
15-09-2013, 02:08 PM
Yes welcome from another on the closet. Cramped by I can't bear to heart my aging parents.
15-09-2013, 02:10 PM
Damn auto speller
In the closet ... Cramped but...
15-09-2013, 02:11 PM
Not another... Can't bear to hurt
20-09-2013, 04:15 AM
I listened to this podcast, but after the 1hour mark i just had to put a stop...

By the elements how screwed up is his views? its not even consistent with himself and its so vague and flowing like a river, i mean he couldnt stick to what a "religion" by definition even was...

I wouldnt recommend listening to this podcast to anyone, unless you would like a image of someone who tries to be a "pesudo-non-religious" to try to gain a grey ground where the Atheists can touch them...