Setting conditions for rapture

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-08-2011, 05:55 PM
Setting conditions for rapture
If this has been posted before I'm sorry but I couldn't find it.
I was reading a while back, again sorry I can't remember the reference, that some American Christians are actually encouraging conditions for the rapture. i.e. they are trying to interfere in the Politics in Israel and the middle East in order to bring about the battle of Armageddon therefore bringing on rapture. In other words trying to cause problems between Israel and it's neighbours.
Has anyone else came across this?
I know the whole revelation thing is nonsense but I would be more concerned that their interfering would actually bring about more strife, not Armageddon, and making a bad situation worse.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-08-2011, 07:32 PM
RE: Setting conditions for rapture
Of course these people exist. They have some small amount of clout too. There's some people in congress (or at least there were) who basically said we didn't have to care about the environment, the rapture will be happening soon. It's not... too bad though. Mostly it's just christians supporting Jews because they hate Jews less than they hate Muslims Tongue
21-08-2011, 07:34 PM
Kinda makes me want a rapture. Get rid of all these idiots and leave us secular people to enjoy the world in peace Big Grin.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
21-08-2011, 08:30 PM
I thought they also had to convert all the Jews. And that's not about to happen, so i guess nobody's getting airlifted out, which is good, because i, for one, don't want to be stuck with their abandoned cats.

It's not the mean god I have trouble with - it's the people who worship a mean god.
21-08-2011, 10:14 PM
I like cats you can have the dogs

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
22-08-2011, 01:38 PM
I wouldn't shrug off these people as kooks on the fringe, like Harold Camping, Hal Lindsey, John Hagee, Tim LaHaye, etc. A Pew survey last year found the following:

http://pewresearch.org/databank/dailynum...berID=1043

Quote:By the year 2050, 41% of Americans believe that Jesus Christ definitely (23%) or probably (18%) will have returned to earth. However, a 46%-plurality of the public does not believe Christ will return during the next 40 years. Fully 58% of white evangelical Christians say Christ will return to earth in this period, by far the highest percentage in any religious group. Only about a third of Catholics (32%) and even fewer white mainline Protestants (27%) predict Christ's return to earth by 2050. One-in-five religiously unaffiliated Americans also see Christ returning during the next four decades. Americans with no college experience (59%) are much more likely than those with some college experience (35%) or college graduates (19%) to expect Jesus Christ's return. By region, those in the South (52%) are the most likely to predict a Second Coming by 2050.By the year 2050, 41% of Americans believe that Jesus Christ definitely (23%) or probably (18%) will have returned to earth. However, a 46%-plurality of the public does not believe Christ will return during the next 40 years. Fully 58% of white evangelical Christians say Christ will return to earth in this period, by far the highest percentage in any religious group. Only about a third of Catholics (32%) and even fewer white mainline Protestants (27%) predict Christ's return to earth by 2050. One-in-five religiously unaffiliated Americans also see Christ returning during the next four decades. Americans with no college experience (59%) are much more likely than those with some college experience (35%) or college graduates (19%) to expect Jesus Christ's return. By region, those in the South (52%) are the most likely to predict a Second Coming by 2050.

Considering that few Americans read the bible, where do they pick up this nonsense, if not from idiot preachers with their ghost stories about the "end times"?