Seventh Day Adventists?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-02-2016, 09:26 PM
RE: Seventh Day Adventists?
(02-02-2016 08:40 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(28-06-2015 10:22 PM)Zog Has-fallen Wrote:  I am a former Seventh-day Adventist and now a Millerite Adventist. If you still have a question, I suppose that I could answer it.

Sure, I got a question. What's the difference?
There are many differences. The biggest difference, I think, is that Millerite Adventists believe that the Ellenite Adventists have jumped the gun about assembling to worship God every seventh-day of the week. That isn't expected to restart until the world is made new. Millerites also think that the Ellenites are wrong in their interpretation of endtime events.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-02-2016, 09:46 PM
(02-02-2016 09:26 PM)Zog Has-fallen Wrote:  
(02-02-2016 08:40 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Sure, I got a question. What's the difference?
There are many differences. The biggest difference, I think, is that Millerite Adventists believe that the Ellenite Adventists have jumped the gun about assembling to worship God every seventh-day of the week. That isn't expected to restart until the world is made new. Millerites also think that the Ellenites are wrong in their interpretation of endtime events.

Yeah, that didn't help me much. What is the Millerites interpretation of the endtime events?

#sigh
02-02-2016, 11:14 PM
(02-02-2016 09:46 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  What is the Millerites interpretation of the endtime events?
It's like the granddaddy of all conspiracy theories cast in the framework of the three greatest evils that are shaping endtime events. These evils coalesce in the book of Revelation into a self-absorbed world-controlling system of evil. It is an earthly political unity of Churchianity and apostate Judaism.
03-02-2016, 06:30 AM
(02-02-2016 09:26 PM)Zog Has-fallen Wrote:  The biggest difference, I think, is that Millerite Adventists believe that the Ellenite Adventists have jumped the gun about assembling to worship God every seventh-day of the week. That isn't expected to restart until the world is made new. Millerites also think that the Ellenites are wrong in their interpretation of endtime events.

I was walking across a bridge one day, and I saw a man standing on the edge, about to jump. I ran over and said: "Stop. Don't do it."

"Why shouldn't I?" he asked.

"Well, there's so much to live for!"

"Like what?"

"Are you religious?"

He said: "Yes."

I said: "Me too. Are you Christian or Buddhist?"

"Christian."

"Me too. Are you Catholic or Protestant?"

"Protestant."

"Me too. Are you Episcopalian or Baptist?"

"Baptist."

"Wow. Me too. Are you Baptist Church of God or Baptist Church of the Lord?"

"Baptist Church of God."

"Me too. Are you original Baptist Church of God, or are you Reformed Baptist Church of God?"

"Reformed Baptist Church of God."

"Me too. Are you Reformed Baptist Church of God, Reformation of 1879, or Reformed Baptist Church of God, Reformation of 1915?"

He said: "Reformed Baptist Church of God, Reformation of 1915."

I said: "Die, heretic scum," and pushed him off.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 9 users Like unfogged's post
03-02-2016, 08:08 AM
(03-02-2016 06:30 AM)unfogged Wrote:  I was walking across a bridge one day, and I saw a man standing on the edge, about to jump. I ran over and said: "Stop. Don't do it."

"Why shouldn't I?" he asked.

"Well, there's so much to live for!"

"Like what?"

"Are you religious?"

He said: "Yes."

I said: "Me too. Are you Christian or Buddhist?"

"Christian."

"Me too. Are you Catholic or Protestant?"

"Protestant."

"Me too. Are you Episcopalian or Baptist?"

"Baptist."

"Wow. Me too. Are you Baptist Church of God or Baptist Church of the Lord?"

"Baptist Church of God."

"Me too. Are you original Baptist Church of God, or are you Reformed Baptist Church of God?"

"Reformed Baptist Church of God."

"Me too. Are you Reformed Baptist Church of God, Reformation of 1879, or Reformed Baptist Church of God, Reformation of 1915?"

He said: "Reformed Baptist Church of God, Reformation of 1915."

I said: "Die, heretic scum," and pushed him off.
That's very good and I like it. However, it falls far short of properly exposing the incredible evils of Babylon the Great, which, as I have indicated, is the fusion of Churchianity and apostate Judaism.
03-02-2016, 08:13 AM
(02-02-2016 09:26 PM)Zog Has-fallen Wrote:  
(02-02-2016 08:40 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Sure, I got a question. What's the difference?

So your delusions are trivially different from their delusions. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
03-02-2016, 08:17 AM
(03-02-2016 08:08 AM)Zog Has-fallen Wrote:  That's very good and I like it. However, it falls far short of properly exposing the incredible evils of Babylon the Great, which, as I have indicated, is the fusion of Churchianity and apostate Judaism.

All of that was church-speak and pretty much meaningless to the unindoctrinated.
It sounds like you are just regurgitating the cant you have been taught.

03-02-2016, 08:22 AM
(03-02-2016 08:13 AM)Chas Wrote:  So your delusions are trivially different from their delusions. Drinking Beverage

I'm very sympathetic with those who doubt God's existence. So in place of having an indisputable proof or euphoric feelings myself, I just take the existence of God as an axiom.
03-02-2016, 08:31 AM
(03-02-2016 08:17 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(03-02-2016 08:08 AM)Zog Has-fallen Wrote:  That's very good and I like it. However, it falls far short of properly exposing the incredible evils of Babylon the Great, which, as I have indicated, is the fusion of Churchianity and apostate Judaism.

All of that was church-speak and pretty much meaningless to the unindoctrinated.
It sounds like you are just regurgitating the cant you have been taught.

Our greatest prophetic message consists mostly of atheistic sources. If you're interested in checking the references, just google for The Three Angels' Messages Versus The Three Demons' Messages.
03-02-2016, 08:35 AM
(03-02-2016 08:22 AM)Zog Has-fallen Wrote:  
(03-02-2016 08:13 AM)Chas Wrote:  So your delusions are trivially different from their delusions. Drinking Beverage

I'm very sympathetic with those who doubt God's existence. So in place of having an indisputable proof or euphoric feelings myself, I just take the existence of God as an axiom.

There is no rational basis for that axiom. Drinking Beverage

[+] 4 users Like Chas's post