Seventh Day Adventists?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-02-2016, 11:39 AM
RE: Seventh Day Adventists?
Zog Has-fallen has not won any debates

'Nuff said. Drinking Beverage

He tried the mathematics nonsense in a different context on this forum too and was thoroughly put in his place.

Anyone spot a trend?

At least this thread means I've obtained an insight into the very weird world of SDA.

The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike
Excreta Tauri Sapientam Fulgeat (The excrement of the bull causes wisdom to flee)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-02-2016, 11:41 AM
(04-02-2016 11:03 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  This is the 21st century, we are sending probes to the very egde of our solar system and beyond, we are starting to heat up the first nuclear fusion reactors, which will soon provide humanity with unknown amounts of energy to use...
....and some peole are seriously occupied with such utter nonsense?

I concede that I have no argument for those who are determined to believe what they want to believe. So I'll just say goodbye and wish you all the very best.
04-02-2016, 11:43 AM
(04-02-2016 11:41 AM)Zog Has-fallen Wrote:  
(04-02-2016 11:03 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  This is the 21st century, we are sending probes to the very egde of our solar system and beyond, we are starting to heat up the first nuclear fusion reactors, which will soon provide humanity with unknown amounts of energy to use...
....and some peole are seriously occupied with such utter nonsense?

I concede that I have no argument for those who are determined to believe what they want to believe. So I'll just say goodbye and wish you all the very best.

You never presented a single piece of evidence.

How was that ever supposed to convince anybody?

... this is my signature!
[+] 4 users Like cjlr's post
04-02-2016, 11:50 AM
(04-02-2016 11:39 AM)Silly Deity Wrote:  Zog Has-fallen has not won any debates

He tried the mathematics nonsense in a different context on this forum too and was thoroughly put in his place.

Anyone spot a trend?

At least this thread means I've obtained an insight into the very weird world of SDA.

Apparently the 7th Day Adventist founder William Miller was fond of math, so much so, that he deduced the exact day of the Second Coming, now known as the Great Disappointment.

The entire religion is an exercise in cognitive dissonance. Even when the founder was embarrassingly wrong multiple times, they doubled down on excuse making and try to salvage this ridiculous belief system.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
04-02-2016, 12:11 PM
(04-02-2016 11:50 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(04-02-2016 11:39 AM)Silly Deity Wrote:  Zog Has-fallen has not won any debates

Anyone spot a trend?

Apparently the 7th Day Adventist founder William Miller was fond of math, so much so, that he deduced the exact day of the Second Coming, now known as the Great Disappointment.

The entire religion is an exercise in cognitive dissonance. Even when the founder was embarrassingly wrong multiple times, they doubled down on excuse making and try to salvage this ridiculous belief system.

Yeah...it seems Miller was the Harold Camping of his day.

The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike
Excreta Tauri Sapientam Fulgeat (The excrement of the bull causes wisdom to flee)
[+] 2 users Like Silly Deity's post
04-02-2016, 12:47 PM
(04-02-2016 10:56 AM)Zog Has-fallen Wrote:  
(04-02-2016 08:08 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  According to Bart Erhman, The Book of Revelation is an example of apocalyptic fiction, a writing style common in biblical times.

So, between one person that tells you that the book of Revelation is fiction and me telling you that the Revelation is extraordinarily profound, you choose to believe that the book is gibberish.

I've read it. It's not profound. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-02-2016, 12:52 PM
(04-02-2016 10:56 AM)Zog Has-fallen Wrote:  
(04-02-2016 08:08 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  According to Bart Erhman, The Book of Revelation is an example of apocalyptic fiction, a writing style common in biblical times.

So, between one person that tells you that the book of Revelation is fiction and me telling you that the Revelation is extraordinarily profound, you choose to believe that the book is gibberish.

Bart Erhman is an historian who has spent years studying the literature and the culture that produced it. What credentials do you have?

(04-02-2016 11:41 AM)Zog Has-fallen Wrote:  I concede that I have no argument for those who are determined to believe what they want to believe. So I'll just say goodbye and wish you all the very best.

The irony is delicious.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
04-02-2016, 12:55 PM
(04-02-2016 11:41 AM)Zog Has-fallen Wrote:  I concede that I have no argument for those who are determined to believe what they want to believe.

I'm sure all of this irony was lost on you.

(04-02-2016 11:41 AM)Zog Has-fallen Wrote:  So I'll just say goodbye and wish you all the very best.

Take care.
04-02-2016, 12:56 PM
(04-02-2016 11:43 AM)cjlr Wrote:  You never presented a single piece of evidence.

How was that ever supposed to convince anybody?

Whatever, man. Just keep believing what you want to believe.

...because apparently asking for evidence for a claim is being close-minded and refusing to give evidence when asked is leaving others to their close-mindedness.
04-02-2016, 01:08 PM
"Zog has fallen" needs to change his name to "Zog never even got off the ground"

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP