Sex abuse a big problem in America's Bible colleges.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-03-2014, 03:41 PM
RE: Sex abuse a big problem in America's Bible colleges.
The problem with sex and reporting abuses has virtually nothing to do with religion and more to do about culture in general, just look at the rape culture in India, it's been grabbing major headlines for years. Child abuse isn't much different.

I agree with previous posts that point out it's because sex is a taboo subject that makes it the problem that it is.

Anyone ever read Stranger in a Strange Land by Robert A Heinlein? Time enough for love by Robert L Forward? They touch briefly on sex as a taboo including incest. It's because it's such a taboo that drives it down deep into the id of the psyche where it's allowed to fester and causes aberrant behavior. The human condition is a horrific one emotionally from our animalisitc tendanices and the only way out of the mess is by address the issues early with kids and trying to open dialog and gently as possible, but social norms don't allow for this especially in some countries.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-03-2014, 03:51 PM
(06-03-2014 02:38 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(06-03-2014 01:15 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  The POINT was not about the cause of, or even the correlation with, rape and belief. The POINT was how Christian Colleges deal with (or not) the aftermath.

That was the point of the article, yes, but I was responding to rampant.a.i's OP, particularly the first line:

(04-03-2014 07:21 PM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  Why don't Christians care about sex abuse or rape?

I've heard many times from friends who grew up in a Christian household that they were molested repeatedly, and neither parent did anything about the abuse.

In some cases, the father or brother were the abuser. But the abuse was simply covered up, or denied outright.

Apparently Christian colleges handle it much the same way:

Until the "Apparently Christian colleges handle it much the same way", the OP was addressing a broader topic, and that's what I was responding to. I don't feel I missed the point. I addressed one of them.
Yeah, IN YOUR FACE, Buckhead! Banana_zorro
06-03-2014, 04:02 PM
(06-03-2014 03:41 PM)Sceadwian Wrote:  The problem with sex and reporting abuses has virtually nothing to do with religion and more to do about culture in general, just look at the rape culture in India, it's been grabbing major headlines for years. Child abuse isn't much different.

I agree with previous posts that point out it's because sex is a taboo subject that makes it the problem that it is.

Anyone ever read Stranger in a Strange Land by Robert A Heinlein? Time enough for love by Robert L Forward? They touch briefly on sex as a taboo including incest. It's because it's such a taboo that drives it down deep into the id of the psyche where it's allowed to fester and causes aberrant behavior. The human condition is a horrific one emotionally from our animalisitc tendanices and the only way out of the mess is by address the issues early with kids and trying to open dialog and gently as possible, but social norms don't allow for this especially in some countries.

Hi and welcome! Please elaborate
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-03-2014, 04:33 PM
(06-03-2014 03:51 PM)alpha male Wrote:  
(06-03-2014 02:38 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  That was the point of the article, yes, but I was responding to rampant.a.i's OP, particularly the first line:

Until the "Apparently Christian colleges handle it much the same way", the OP was addressing a broader topic, and that's what I was responding to. I don't feel I missed the point. I addressed one of them.
Yeah, IN YOUR FACE, Buckhead! Banana_zorro

How very mature of you.
Can I get me some religion so I can act like you for Jebus too ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
06-03-2014, 04:41 PM
(06-03-2014 04:33 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(06-03-2014 03:51 PM)alpha male Wrote:  Yeah, IN YOUR FACE, Buckhead! Banana_zorro

How very mature of you.
Robby laid the smack down and you totally folded! Laughat
07-03-2014, 12:44 AM
So the senate said "no."

Apparently they approve of sex abuse. Must be a lot of catholics in the senate.

[Image: reality.jpg?imgmax=800]
07-03-2014, 12:49 AM (This post was last modified: 07-03-2014 12:55 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(06-03-2014 04:41 PM)alpha male Wrote:  
(06-03-2014 04:33 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  How very mature of you.
Robby laid the smack down and you totally folded! Laughat

Nice try. Fail. YOU implied we never disagree with each other, AFTER reading my post that did precisely that. Liar.
I looked at at your negative ratings. -5 from KC. Hmm. Me, I wouldn't waste my time bothering even wasting my time on your brand of idiocy.

Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
07-03-2014, 05:37 AM
(07-03-2014 12:49 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(06-03-2014 04:41 PM)alpha male Wrote:  Robby laid the smack down and you totally folded! Laughat

Nice try. Fail. YOU implied we never disagree with each other, AFTER reading my post that did precisely that. Liar.
I looked at at your negative ratings. -5 from KC. Hmm. Me, I wouldn't waste my time bothering even wasting my time on your brand of idiocy.
Except...you do...repeatedly. Angel
07-03-2014, 07:39 AM
Don't forget about the reputation aspect. American colleges care a hell of a lot about their reputation so they probably have very little desire to have rape listed in their records. I think it goes beyond sex abuse as well. I recall in an article that regular assault and even murder is rarely reported by the school and even more rarely told to the students.

I'm homophobic in the same way that I'm arachnophobic. I'm not scared of gay people but I'm going to scream if I find one in my bath.

I'm. Also homophobic in the same way I'm arachnophobic. I'm scared of spiders but I'd still fuck'em.
- my friend Marc
07-03-2014, 07:54 AM
(07-03-2014 05:37 AM)alpha male Wrote:  
(07-03-2014 12:49 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Nice try. Fail. YOU implied we never disagree with each other, AFTER reading my post that did precisely that. Liar.
Except...you do...repeatedly. Angel

And what exactly are YOU doing here again?