Poll: How should bathrooms and changing rooms be separated (outside of parent+young child scenarios)
Separated by sex
Separated by gender
Other (read my post to see!)
[Show Results]

Sex and Bathrooms

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-02-2016, 12:24 PM
Lightbulb Sex and Bathrooms
Should bathrooms/changing rooms be separated by sex? Or gender? Or neither? Should self-identification trump physical traits?

Discuss, vote. Have at it! Thumbsup

Results are anonymous. Note that parents taking young children of the opposite sex into a bathroom is sort of a given.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-02-2016, 12:36 PM
RE: Sex and Bathrooms
I would say gender, as if you are like me then sex will be common if you go buy, sex Tongue

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
02-02-2016, 12:38 PM
(02-02-2016 11:52 AM)cjlr Wrote:  Can you even sentence today, bro?
Tongue

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 1 user Likes Adrianime's post
02-02-2016, 12:45 PM
(02-02-2016 12:38 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  
(02-02-2016 11:52 AM)cjlr Wrote:  Can you even sentence today, bro?
Tongue

God damnit I am to lazy Big Grin

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
02-02-2016, 12:51 PM (This post was last modified: 02-02-2016 12:54 PM by jennybee.)
Back in college, I used to go to clubbing in Boston and go dancing until the wee hours of the night. On certain nights, "straight" clubs were turned into LGBT clubs. I used to love going clubbing on LGBT nights even though I'm straight (it was nice to just have fun with friends and not have to deal with getting hit on by guys). The bathrooms on those nights were not gender specific. You just peed in either one--no worries. Also another nice feature of going clubbing on these nights--no waiting in ridiculously long lines for the ladies room Tongue

I chose Neither because I would prefer peeing wherever Laugh out load
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
02-02-2016, 01:11 PM
I am not hung up on divisions based on gender feelings or the shape of pink bits. I just want an end to urinals, especially those communal troughs. Get stalls with floor-to-ceiling walls and full doors, then let in anyone.
[+] 5 users Like I Am's post
02-02-2016, 02:01 PM
I like the idea of unisex restrooms with walls floor to ceiling for each stall so privacy can be maintained BUT this is not the only issue. Throughout history women have been victimized a great deal by men, so bathroom segregation is also for safety sake. You're going to ask women to go into a room with no windows and sometimes doors with locks, certainly stalls with locks that they could be dragged into, that is usually secluded at the back of a store/restaurant/bar/gas station with men and be vulnerable to harassment or assault? Because that is what a lot, maybe the majority, of women will object to and rightly so.

That being said, if places are willing to foot the cost to reconstruct the bathroom facilities this is what I would like to see:

Have the stalls lined up along a wall as individual bathrooms with sinks, no gender designation.
OR
If there's a main room with sinks have it viewable with big windows, no privacy and no hidden down some dark secluded hallway, then secure the stalls with walls floor to ceiling and solid locks.
No urinals.

I have been to places where both of these things were done. One at a Sam's club where all the bathrooms were simply lined up along the wall of the store. Another time at a truck stop/convenience store had the washroom with a huge picture window, no door to the washroom and the stalls were private with deadbolts. Both of these made sense, were safe and convenient.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 5 users Like Heatheness's post
02-02-2016, 02:17 PM
Saw the title and immediately thought this was about intimacy in public bathrooms.Hobo

Anyway, in all seriousness, I don't care as long as people clean up after themselves. You can witness the worst of humanity in the aftermath of their public bathroom uses sometimes when you waltz in there and find an unspeakable mess. Makes me wonder if these people live that way in their own home.Facepalm
[+] 2 users Like UndauntedToast's post
02-02-2016, 02:56 PM (This post was last modified: 02-02-2016 04:42 PM by Bucky Ball.)
I'm against sex in bathrooms.
Big Grin

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
02-02-2016, 03:09 PM
Maybe have them separated by walls or some kind of divider.