Poll: How should bathrooms and changing rooms be separated (outside of parent+young child scenarios)
Separated by sex
Separated by gender
Other (read my post to see!)
[Show Results]

Sex and Bathrooms

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-02-2016, 03:18 PM
RE: Sex and Bathrooms
(02-02-2016 12:45 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  God damnit I am to lazy Big Grin
*dammit
*too

Tongue

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
02-02-2016, 03:18 PM
I vote "yes" on sex and bathrooms.

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 3 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
02-02-2016, 03:27 PM
Maybe 10 years ago on my first trip to Maine I saw bathrooms just marked "restroom" no male or female designation. Are they still that way there? Some of them, not all. It especially hit me in a McDonald's.
02-02-2016, 03:28 PM
(02-02-2016 03:18 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(02-02-2016 12:45 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  God damnit I am to lazy Big Grin
*dammit
*too

Tongue

You understood the sentence vosur. You knew I didn't care Laugh out load

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
02-02-2016, 03:35 PM
There are more than two genders, so there's that. Drinking Beverage
How many kinds do we build? Will all existing buildings require retrofit? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-02-2016, 03:40 PM
I prefer the single person bathroom over a row of stalls/urinals do more of that. Those are unisex anyway

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 2 users Like ClydeLee's post
02-02-2016, 03:51 PM
I smell sex and bathrooms here, ooh...

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
02-02-2016, 04:05 PM
I'm all for unisex bathrooms. If a man wants to attack a woman in the bathroom he can very easily lay in wait in the women's. It wouldn't be difficult in the slightest. I get the feeling that separating them out by gender only gives the presumption of safety, but if there's actual numbers on that I'd love to see them.

Convincing the American population that unisex bathrooms are ok.... Never going to happen. So we probably need three. Male, female, and what we call "family" bathrooms. The "family" version is designed so that a parent of the opposite sex can take their children to the bathroom without making anyone feel uncomfortable, so there is no gender requirement.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
02-02-2016, 04:08 PM
(02-02-2016 03:35 PM)Chas Wrote:  There are more than two genders, so there's that. Drinking Beverage
How many kinds do we build? Will all existing buildings require retrofit? Consider

Maybe three."Men," "Women," and "Other."
02-02-2016, 04:17 PM
I took a trip to Israel a few years ago - my wife's cousin was getting married and it was a good excuse to go. Anyway, I like how they do bathrooms over there, at least in the high-volume places like gas stations, etc. Most places like that have a single restroom with a stalls on either side and a sink or two at the end of the line of stalls. Human beings of any type can come in and use them; no problem.

I've always felt Americans were particularly juvenile about bathroom cooties. Almost all of us grew up in houses with unisex bathrooms, I've never seen what the big fucking deal is with gender separation. I'm there to do my business, if there's a woman in another stall, or someone who's gender-fluid in some way I don't see how it could possibly make a difference with the task at hand.
[+] 2 users Like Mr. Boston's post